GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 05-05-2016, 09:10 AM   #15
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedred1 View Post
when I see this question I always send this link. Might be a bit dated now doe
Pricing wise thats dated. And i think a few of those companies stopped selling. But sizes and whether or not it is mating to stock catback is still valuable info for people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 10:30 AM   #16
phuccer
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG 4DR CSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedred1 View Post
when I see this question I always send this link. Might be a bit dated now doe
Awesome, thank you sir.
phuccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:34 AM   #17
Kei_Loper
Autocross Champion

Drives:
Humph, I had no idea the AWE system was 2.5" all the way back, I thought it was still a 3" downpipe. I'd have just bought that instead of my USP 3 inch catted downpipe and Magnaflow 2.5 inch catback haha.

Might have to swap out one day to try it out.

Kei
Kei_Loper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 01:19 PM   #18
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kei_Loper View Post
Humph, I had no idea the AWE system was 2.5" all the way back, I thought it was still a 3" downpipe. I'd have just bought that instead of my USP 3 inch catted downpipe and Magnaflow 2.5 inch catback haha.

Might have to swap out one day to try it out.

Kei
Why do you want the smaller downpipe?
Quote:
Quote:
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
Old 05-05-2016, 02:15 PM   #19
2013R
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: 2015 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
Anything above the stock turbo i would personally do a 3" downpipe and then let the catback tapper to 2.5"
so would i. you do not want the smaller AWE downpipe off a K04 turbo.
2013R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 08:32 PM   #20
Kei_Loper
Autocross Champion

Drives:
Quote:
Why do you want the smaller downpipe?
I would prefer the faster response and overall powerband since the 3" always seemed like a large option to me anyway, I just didn't KNOW they made any smaller than that. I no longer have any plans to go to a larger turbo now that I have the newest APR V2.1 tune, it's plenty in this car for me, so the powerband may be better off with the smaller downpipe anyway.

Kei
Old 05-06-2016, 08:36 AM   #21
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
I would prefer the faster response and overall powerband since the 3" always seemed like a large option to me anyway, I just didn't KNOW they made any smaller than that. I no longer have any plans to go to a larger turbo now that I have the newest APR V2.1 tune, it's plenty in this car for me, so the powerband may be better off with the smaller downpipe anyway.

Kei
Wait so you want more torque down low? I was reading that the APR V2 was TOO much torque down low and people were complaining about drive-ability.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-06-2016, 09:31 AM   #22
Kei_Loper
Autocross Champion

Drives:
Quote:
Wait so you want more torque down low? I was reading that the APR V2 was TOO much torque down low and people were complaining about drive-ability.
It'll to more than just torque down low, it should spool faster so the throttle response is better as well as likely help in the mid range rpms.

I haven't heard anyone say that the V2/2.1 has bad drive-ability down low at all! It's leagues better than any of the tunes I've had on my car (all the old APR tunes and Eurodyne tunes as well) for being able to use the power smoothly. It's about a billion times better than any time on these cars I've even driven, not to say the others are 'bad', just that they feel like tunes, this feels like OEM which is incredible to me, and still blows my mind how much better it is than before.

Kei
Old 05-06-2016, 10:19 AM   #23
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
It'll to more than just torque down low, it should spool faster so the throttle response is better as well as likely help in the mid range rpms.

I haven't heard anyone say that the V2/2.1 has bad drive-ability down low at all! It's leagues better than any of the tunes I've had on my car (all the old APR tunes and Eurodyne tunes as well) for being able to use the power smoothly. It's about a billion times better than any time on these cars I've even driven, not to say the others are 'bad', just that they feel like tunes, this feels like OEM which is incredible to me, and still blows my mind how much better it is than before.

Kei
Ahhh ive got no experience with APR just reiterating stuff ive read on here. How much of a increased spool are you expecting to get by reducing diameter back to stock(?isnt stock 2.5"?)?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-06-2016, 09:35 PM   #24
siupo128
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2012 red GTI
but the awe car is using their awe k04 ki and their awe tbe and they claim they have the best track record right?
siupo128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 11:44 AM   #25
Kei_Loper
Autocross Champion

Drives:
Quote:
Ahhh ive got no experience with APR just reiterating stuff ive read on here. How much of a increased spool are you expecting to get by reducing diameter back to stock(?isnt stock 2.5"?)?
Not sure how much I could expect honestly, but I'm a crazy science guy who loves to test anything I can lol. Also I think the overall powerband will be even sweeter in the mid range since the new APR tunes fatten that the most anyway now making high revs (6k and up) less enticing to me on this engine.

Kei
Old 05-09-2016, 09:28 AM   #26
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by siupo128 View Post
but the awe car is using their awe k04 ki and their awe tbe and they claim they have the best track record right?
They have a record with seats removed, slicks, and a giac extreme file if im not mistaken.
Quote:
Quote: