GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 05-06-2016, 08:43 AM   #15
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedred1 View Post
I had reset my ECU to stock profile but now I'm wondering what the test results would look like if I left it in my usual "Stage 2 91 octane profile". Would if turn off the two results left and hide them from the tester? I haven't had a CEL for quite awhile
They would just show as "Not ready" They arent codded out just disabled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2016, 04:52 PM   #16
jedred1
Oval Newbie

Drives: VW GTI 2012 DSG
Thank you guys. I'm going to leave it in stock mode but also for good measure I purchased a 42 Draft O2 Sensor Spacer. How long with the sensor spacer in place do you think it will take the O2 sensor to become ready?
APR Stage II / Modshack Intake / APR Downpipe / Michelin Pilot Super Sport / deAutoKey LED inside / PartsforEuro clear side markers with Silver "amber" bulbs / Garage door button from CarStyle4you / some super cool VagCom stuff / Depo LED tails (coded) / SPM F & R ASB's (F Stiff & R Stiff) / DG Springs / CTS Turbo Catback / Neuspeed Rse07 black
jedred1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 09:14 AM   #17
BadAssBass
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 GTi APR ST 2+
I believe you still need at non-testpipe stock file for everything to be ready
BadAssBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2016, 06:24 PM   #18
jedred1
Oval Newbie

I'm allowed 1 not ready apparently so if I can get rid of this O2 unready then I think I be ok. I'm hoping the O2 spacer sorts it out. Once the spacer is in place does any one know how much driving will it take for the ECU to retest things? Also do you guys think I'll need an above stream spacer as well?
APR Stage II / Modshack Intake / APR Downpipe / Michelin Pilot Super Sport / deAutoKey LED inside / PartsforEuro clear side markers with Silver "amber" bulbs / Garage door button from CarStyle4you / some super cool VagCom stuff / Depo LED tails (coded) / SPM F & R ASB's (F Stiff & R Stiff) / DG Springs / CTS Turbo Catback / Neuspeed Rse07 black

Last edited by jedred1; 05-07-2016 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-07-2016, 07:35 PM   #19
TwistedTuning

Drives: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew429 View Post
Stage 2 file disables those two monitors i believe, you have to put the car in stock, but i think you can have two monitors not ready and still pass, at least in NY (correct me if I'm wrong if its 1 or 2).
new York is allowed 1 monitor "not ready" for year models 01 and up and 2 monitors "not ready" for 2000 and below.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedred1 View Post
I'm allowed 1 not ready apparently so if I can get rid of this O2 unready then I think I be ok. I'm hoping the O2 spacer sorts it out. Once the spacer is in place does any one know how much driving will it take for the ECU to retest things? Also do you guys think I'll need an above stream spacer as well?
upstream O2 sensor does not need a spacer. if you put a spacer in there. it will throw off the engines fueling.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
TwistedTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2016, 08:37 PM   #20
jedred1
Oval Newbie

If the spacer won't take care of the problem then I'll get the non-testpipe stock file. Again I only need to make one of the 2 unready to test gone. Not both. I wonder though what makes the O2 sensor show as not ready? The 200 cell cat or a bad O2 sensor? I'll quit going on about it but I'll inform you all how I solved the problem in the end.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:38 AM   #21
BadAssBass
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2011 GTi APR ST 2+
For the third time....You HAVE to have the non-testpipe file. The tune is what makes the sensors non-ready. Once you have the non-testpipe file, the O2 spacer tricks the now ready sensor into thinking emissions are within normal levels.
BadAssBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2016, 05:11 PM   #22
jedred1
Oval Newbie

Ok I passed I ended up going to my APR guy here in SLC to get a spacer and Non -Test pipe file and he said I needed nether. He switched my car to stock mode then drove around for 10 min until the O2 sensor showed ready. Then he switched back to stage 2 91 oct file which he said would keep the O2 sensor ready. So I went immediately to the I/M place and Yea. The cat is still showing unready but figured that would be the case. I only can show 1 unready. Till next year I guess
Old 05-12-2016, 05:19 PM   #23
DarianBx3
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 MK6 GTI DSG
My inspection is coming up too.

Are there any negative side effects to the spacer? -> (Should I bother taking it out after the inspection)
Old 05-13-2016, 01:02 AM   #24
jedred1
Oval Newbie

the only negative side effect of the spacer I can think of is it will look bad it you have to undergo a visual inspection