GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Emissions fail

jedred1

jedred1
Thank you guys. I'm going to leave it in stock mode but also for good measure I purchased a 42 Draft O2 Sensor Spacer. How long with the sensor spacer in place do you think it will take the O2 sensor to become ready?

jedred1

jedred1
I'm allowed 1 not ready apparently so if I can get rid of this O2 unready then I think I be ok. I'm hoping the O2 spacer sorts it out. Once the spacer is in place does any one know how much driving will it take for the ECU to retest things? Also do you guys think I'll need an above stream spacer as well?

Last edited:

TwistedTuning

Ready to race!
Stage 2 file disables those two monitors i believe, you have to put the car in stock, but i think you can have two monitors not ready and still pass, at least in NY (correct me if I'm wrong if its 1 or 2).
new York is allowed 1 monitor "not ready" for year models 01 and up and 2 monitors "not ready" for 2000 and below.
I'm allowed 1 not ready apparently so if I can get rid of this O2 unready then I think I be ok. I'm hoping the O2 spacer sorts it out. Once the spacer is in place does any one know how much driving will it take for the ECU to retest things? Also do you guys think I'll need an above stream spacer as well?
upstream O2 sensor does not need a spacer. if you put a spacer in there. it will throw off the engines fueling.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

jedred1

jedred1
If the spacer won't take care of the problem then I'll get the non-testpipe stock file. Again I only need to make one of the 2 unready to test gone. Not both. I wonder though what makes the O2 sensor show as not ready? The 200 cell cat or a bad O2 sensor? I'll quit going on about it but I'll inform you all how I solved the problem in the end.

BadAssBass

Ready to race!
For the third time....You HAVE to have the non-testpipe file. The tune is what makes the sensors non-ready. Once you have the non-testpipe file, the O2 spacer tricks the now ready sensor into thinking emissions are within normal levels.

jedred1

jedred1
Ok I passed :D I ended up going to my APR guy here in SLC to get a spacer and Non -Test pipe file and he said I needed nether. He switched my car to stock mode then drove around for 10 min until the O2 sensor showed ready. Then he switched back to stage 2 91 oct file which he said would keep the O2 sensor ready. So I went immediately to the I/M place and Yea. The cat is still showing unready but figured that would be the case. I only can show 1 unready. Till next year I guess

jedred1

jedred1
the only negative side effect of the spacer I can think of is it will look bad it you have to undergo a visual inspection