GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum

Old 01-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #29
That John Guy
Rally Car Champion

Drives: CW AARRGGHH
Quote:
Originally Posted by krische View Post
No sound in the computer lab ha ha I will check it out when I get home.
That John Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 10:32 AM   #30
mostic
Rally Car Champion

Drives: VW
Hi Guys,
Could you update us about the haldex controller?
Thinking of having it on my R20 conversion kit, but I need your real experience after having it for a while.
Thx
mostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:01 PM   #31
mattkosem
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 R
I love my comp controller. Rear end engagement during braking makes a huge difference. The car is generally much more neutral through turns, with a slightly tendency toward oversteer under some circumstances. Not really anything to write home about in a straight line in my opinion, but a huge improvement under any sort of power under most turning conditions. Definitely worth the Black Friday special price I paid :-P

--Matt
Old 05-15-2016, 12:42 AM   #32
mostic
Rally Car Champion

Drives: VW
I wanna have the adjustable one but I am afraid to be useless, but also read about the UM stage1 and some people said it is better than the HPA but the point is it's SW at the end and won't be managed like the switch one of HPA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
mostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 01:48 AM   #33
changchewsoon
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2013 Golf R MK6
I bought the competition controller from HPA and had it install last month, and after a month of driving I can definitely say this is yet so far the best non-horsepower related mods to date.

Just try a WOT when you're gunning for a corner, and you'll see the difference in how the car points itself when you exit.

Try launching the car, and you'll light up the rear tires first.

Try braking hard, and you'll feel that the car is being pulled back rather than feeling it is just the front calipers doing all the hard work.

Did I notice any difference in fuel consumption? Nope, seems the same to me after the controller went in and driving it for a month.
2013 Golf R | 313 WHP | Unitronic Stage 2+ & Stage 2 DSG | Integrated Engineering HPFP | Unitronic Turbo-Back Exhaust System | Unitronic Intake | Unitronic Intercooler | HPA Competition Haldex Controller
Toyota Yaris Turbo | 501 WHP | Built Engine
changchewsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 04:27 PM   #34
mattkosem
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 R
I also haven't noticed much in the way of fuel economy changes. We went on a 400 mile trip yesterday and I averaged the same 28mpg I usually see on that drive, even with light rain, ambient temps in the 40s, and 2 passengers.

--Matt
Old 06-02-2016, 02:14 PM   #35
audiohs
Autocross Newbie

Drives: Golf R
I recently installed the HPA comp controller and will echo what has been said. In the limited testing so far, the car feels more neutral and more planted. I feel I have more control and feel more connected to the road. A very worthwhile mod.
audiohs is offline   Reply With Quote