GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2016, 01:37 PM   #225
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver
 
lilonespaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,612
Holy shit .024 and you still get misfires?
Have you tried moving a coil pack to a different cylinder to see if it follows?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 01:50 PM   #226
skotcoop
FIA GT Newbie
 
skotcoop's Avatar
 
Drives: 4DR CW 2012 GTI 6SPD
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seattle
Posts: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
Holy shit .024 and you still get misfires?
Have you tried moving a coil pack to a different cylinder to see if it follows?
Yup. I still don't get how they disappear with the car in stock tune. Wouldn't they still exist if it were hardware?
__________________
2012 6spd GTI CW /APR stage 2 cast dp & tune/Uni CAI/Neuspeed charge&discharge pipe/GFB DV+/BFI Stg 3/Wavetrac LSD/H&R FSB 26mm/Dieselgeeks/tyrolsport/034 mounts/fluidampr/Raceseng/OEM tinted LED tails/LCA bushings/PolarFIS My build thread http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96882
skotcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 02:10 PM   #227
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver
 
lilonespaz's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 5,612
Quote:
Originally Posted by skotcoop View Post
Yup. I still don't get how they disappear with the car in stock tune. Wouldn't they still exist if it were hardware?
Not per-say. after the tune your car will run a little harder so it shows the faults in the system, hence why most people need to upgrade right at the tune.

So you moved the coil pack from 3 to another and got the same misfires still in 3? If so we can tell its something to cylinder 3. So have you changed the spark plug in 3 also?


I would double check the coil pack method and then change the plugs (they aren't to expensive so its no biggie) then you may want to go on to a shop after those if still issues to see what else could possible be wrong with cylinder 3
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakcard View Post
listen to your gut....And lilonespaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 02:13 PM   #228
skotcoop
FIA GT Newbie
 
skotcoop's Avatar
 
Drives: 4DR CW 2012 GTI 6SPD
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Seattle
Posts: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
Not per-say. after the tune your car will run a little harder so it shows the faults in the system, hence why most people need to upgrade right at the tune.

So you moved the coil pack from 3 to another and got the same misfires still in 3? If so we can tell its something to cylinder 3. So have you changed the spark plug in 3 also?


I would double check the coil pack method and then change the plugs (they aren't to expensive so its no biggie) then you may want to go on to a shop after those if still issues to see what else could possible be wrong with cylinder 3
Yes. I was also getting the same codes on stock plugs/coils. Hence the upgrade. But I will verify it again for the heck of it.
__________________
2012 6spd GTI CW /APR stage 2 cast dp & tune/Uni CAI/Neuspeed charge&discharge pipe/GFB DV+/BFI Stg 3/Wavetrac LSD/H&R FSB 26mm/Dieselgeeks/tyrolsport/034 mounts/fluidampr/Raceseng/OEM tinted LED tails/LCA bushings/PolarFIS My build thread http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96882
skotcoop is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.