GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Marketplace > Vendor/Member Feedback Forum

Old 07-26-2016, 01:23 AM   #29
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion

Drives: a VW
Send a message via AIM to snobrdrdan
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI_mr.niceguy View Post
So I found out today that one of my endless exhaust leaks is where the flex piping hit the heat shield for awhile because the downpipe part (only the flex pipe section) is clocked on the turbo flange at just slightly the wrong angle. It barely clears at this point having been adjusted about 1000 times. So there's a leak I'll never fix. Otherwise since welding into one piece the leaks have improved. Downpipe- catback connection also does a little but i think that's because the reducer has been torqued and retorqued so many times that it is not round anymore. It looked a little funny the last time I saw it.

Honestly I don't even really care at this point, I'm just glad that I haven't dealt with any real issues that some guys running heavier mods have.
Do you have your CTS dp paired with a aftermarket cat-back or OEM?

Mine is very tinny & raspy sounding btw, even with the OEM cat-back & it being catted.

Ordered up a APR downpipe earlier this morning and calling it a day
Old 07-26-2016, 01:25 AM   #30
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
BTW OP i like your picture taking skills in such a tight area. I try to take pics under my car and it turns out like a POS.

also judging by the pic i wonder why they had it so far out that the flex portion was up against the heat shield. It looks like there was plenty of room to make that bend more eventful for proper clearance.
The TT downpipe is supposed to fit 4motion & FWD, so that explains the "dramatic" bend....to clear the driveshaft, if it had it.
The bend is still way further out than the CTS downpipe is though, and that's supposed to fit the 4motion too

So, no real explanation on that one
Old 07-29-2016, 02:30 AM   #31
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion

So let's continue to add insult to injury...

I spend $700+ on the APR downpipe, which is a decent chunk of change, and it shows up with a dent on the end of the pipe

I seriously cannot win here
Old 07-29-2016, 03:12 AM   #32
TSI_mr.niceguy
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: a racecar
Quote:
Originally Posted by snobrdrdan View Post
So let's continue to add insult to injury...

I spend $700+ on the APR downpipe, which is a decent chunk of change, and it shows up with a dent on the end of the pipe

I seriously cannot win here

Wow. Sorry man. Maybe modifying the tig just wasn't meant to be. Have you gotten quotes from any local shops on making you a custom one? Custom stuff can be all over the board pricewise but some users have found great success for far less money than name brand with this method.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123,
You should probably just respond with something about you fucking his daughter. He cant undo that with his fancy mustang can he?
TSI_mr.niceguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 02:20 AM   #33
snobrdrdan
Formula 2 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSI_mr.niceguy View Post
Wow. Sorry man. Maybe modifying the tig just wasn't meant to be. Have you gotten quotes from any local shops on making you a custom one? Custom stuff can be all over the board pricewise but some users have found great success for far less money than name brand with this method.
Yeah, tell me about it

I LOVE this car and it's one of the best/nicest ones I've had, but NOTHING has gone my way when modding it.
I've wasted so much money on it with crap going wrong/not fitting/working right