GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 06-16-2016, 07:24 PM   #715
CarniifeX
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: '14 CW GTI
Ordered some things for my 40k service that I am looking to do next weekend. The refresh consists of:

OEM Castrol Edge Professional OE Engine Oil (5w-40)
OEM Engine Oil Filter

OEM DSG Transmission Oil
OEM DSG Oil Filter
Neuspeed Aluminum DSG Oil Filter Housing

NGK Iridium BKR7EIX Spark Plugs

Mann FreciousPlus Cabin Filter

ATE Typ200 Brake Fluid
Old 06-16-2016, 10:16 PM   #716
Brunkel
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2013 UGM GTI; 6-speed manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarniifeX View Post
Ordered some things for my 40k service that I am looking to do next weekend. The refresh consists of:

OEM Castrol Edge Professional OE Engine Oil (5w-40)
OEM Engine Oil Filter

OEM DSG Transmission Oil
OEM DSG Oil Filter
Neuspeed Aluminum DSG Oil Filter Housing

NGK Iridium BKR7EIX Spark Plugs

Mann FreciousPlus Cabin Filter

ATE Typ200 Brake Fluid
Nice dude! Maintenance time!

I have some ATE brake fluid sitting in my garage that I got just for the heck of it to try out with my new Motul power bleeder haha. I wish they still allowed the super blue though
Old 06-17-2016, 02:40 PM   #717
CarniifeX
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brunkel View Post
Nice dude! Maintenance time!

I have some ATE brake fluid sitting in my garage that I got just for the heck of it to try out with my new Motul power bleeder haha. I wish they still allowed the super blue though

I know, I wish it were still blue as well. Would make flushing the system a little easier for sure.

I need to get a power bleeder I've heard they work very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-27-2016, 10:27 PM   #718
SoWalGTI
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 Mk6 GTI
Quote:
ECS TUNING
TSI Baffled Oil Catch Can System

[/center]
Why did you have to get new braided lines? What was wrong with the ones supplied? Really love the small red bits on these that I can see from the pic.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:27 AM   #719
CarniifeX
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoWalGTI View Post
Why did you have to get new braided lines? What was wrong with the ones supplied? Really love the small red bits on these that I can see from the pic.
Sorry, just saw this.

For whatever reason, Cobb decided to make the PCV hose inlet on the intake piping in the middle of the pipe, instead of down near the turbo.

Thus, I had to order longer lines and fit everything myself. What a hassle if I'm being honest.

Cobb's intake is the only intake I know that has the inlet in that location. I bought the hose ends from EnjukuRacing.com and they are made by Vibrant.

I have since switched from the red to a silver/chrome look. The red was anodized and didn't quite match up with my theme. I've re-installed the GTD grille as well with the chrome striping.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:29 AM   #720
CarniifeX
Formula 3000 Champion

As for the car; nothing new.

Getting a little surging at the moment. Not sure if it's from Cobb's updated v103 file, my DV+, or just from the issues I was having earlier. The VW tech said I was having problems with the throttle body opening at half throttle.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:30 AM   #721
SoWalGTI

Drives: 2012 Mk6 GTI
Quote:
I have since switched from the red to a silver/chrome look. The red was anodized and didn't quite match up with my theme. I've re-installed the GTD grille as well with the chrome striping.
Bummer about the pain of the catch can lines. I'm going to be ordering the ECS catch can here next.

I'm undecided on chrome stripes vs blacked out right now, but I think I want a change from the red to something more subtle.

Lastly, some WizeWash stuff headed your way this weekend
Old 08-05-2016, 11:58 AM   #722
Trytun
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 13 CSG
Quote:
As for the car; nothing new.

Getting a little surging at the moment. Not sure if it's from Cobb's updated v103 file, my DV+, or just from the issues I was having earlier. The VW tech said I was having problems with the throttle body opening at half throttle.

Keep me posted on the surging bud. I had a tech look at mine and he noted possible throttle body issue.

Unitronic Stage 2/Unitronic Stage 1 DSG Tune/APR Downpipe/Borla Catback/Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2/30% all around/Solo Werks S1 Coilovers/TTRS Strut Mounts/Unitronic Intake/Unitronic Intercooler/Soundaktor Delete/GFB DV+/R8 Coils/Spulen Discharge Pipe/Spulen Turbo Muffler Delete/034 Motorsports Billet Insert/034 Motorsports Street Density Motor and Trans Mounts/ECS Tuning Rear Sway Bar THE BUILD THREAD
Trytun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 03:34 AM   #723
eth767
Ready to race!

Drives: 2010 Vw Gti
Awesome car. Glad deep and Sowal recommended the read definitely got me of another day in the field. I do have some questions about the Cobb tune, well more like would just want more information on it if you have any as I know nnootthhiinnggg about it. I was going to go uni because I heard Cobb just wasn't doing it so input would help. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Old 08-10-2016, 12:22 AM   #724
George11

Drives: VW GTI 2011
How are you liking the Adam's Rotors?
How about the Stoptech pads? A lot of dusting?
Old 08-15-2016, 08:49 PM   #725
CarniifeX
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoWalGTI View Post
Bummer about the pain of the catch can lines. I'm going to be ordering the ECS catch can here next.

I'm undecided on chrome stripes vs blacked out right now, but I think I want a change from the red to something more subtle.

Lastly, some WizeWash stuff headed your way this weekend
Thanks again! Should be launching in the next few weeks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trytun View Post
Keep me posted on the surging bud. I had a tech look at mine and he noted possible throttle body issue.

Yeah, that's what my tech told me as well. I have an issue at half throttle apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eth767 View Post
Awesome car. Glad deep and Sowal recommended the read definitely got me of another day in the field. I do have some questions about the Cobb tune, well more like would just want more information on it if you have any as I know nnootthhiinnggg about it. I was going to go uni because I heard Cobb just wasn't doing it so input would help. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk

The Cobb tune is great so far. I've had a few hiccups, but they release updated files pretty frequently which is a plus in my opinion. The main lure with Cobb is the AccessPort. It's an awesome tuning tool that lets you keep track of almost every single sensor and parameter on the vehicle. You can also data log and use their 0-60 timer, among other things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by George11 View Post
How are you liking the Adam's Rotors?

How about the Stoptech pads? A lot of dusting?

I'm loving them! They're mostly for the cosmetic appeal as they're carbon coated centric rotors, nothing too fancy. The combination of the rotors and pads has definitely increased the amount of brake dust, no doubt. I try to keep them clean though so the dust doesn't bake into the wheel.

Old 08-15-2016, 10:08 PM   #726
Trytun
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 13 CSG
CarniifeX Chronicles: '14 Wolfsburg

Quote:
Yeah, that's what my tech told me as well. I have an issue at half throttle apparently.

I did some research and asking around and the N75 valve is coming up a lot as an issue. I ordered one and received it the other day. I'll put it on here in a few days and we'll see. Hopefully it's fixed! Do you have any fluttering noises when you are at 1/2 throttle?

Unitronic Stage 2/Unitronic Stage 1 DSG Tune/APR Downpipe/Borla Catback/Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2/30% all around/Solo Werks S1 Coilovers/TTRS Strut Mounts/Unitronic Intake/Unitronic Intercooler/Soundaktor Delete/GFB DV+/R8 Coils/Spulen Discharge Pipe/Spulen Turbo Muffler Delete/034 Motorsports Billet Insert/034 Motorsports Street Density Motor and Trans Mounts/ECS Tuning Rear Sway Bar THE BUILD THREAD
Trytun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 10:50 PM   #727
CarniifeX
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trytun View Post
I did some research and asking around and the N75 valve is coming up a lot as an issue. I ordered one and received it the other day. I'll put it on here in a few days and we'll see. Hopefully it's fixed! Do you have any fluttering noises when you are at 1/2 throttle?

I actually had my N80 purge valve replaced when they replaced my fuel pump and oil gasket. Not my N75. I don't have fluttering noises but my AP shows my boost fluctuating from ~2.8 - 3.2 with the same amount of throttle pressure.