GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 08-11-2016, 09:42 AM   #1
Holguin831
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI
MK6 GTI vs G8 ,Camaro SS

GTI- Custom intake, Beluga DP, Cobb stage 2 93 oct.
G8- Full exhaust, intake, Tune
SS- Full exhaust, intake

3 races all from 20, The first one all lined up the G8 in the middle did the three honk. So of course he took the hit. Steadily pulling about 2 car lengths to 100 and the ss was about half a car ahead to 100. Same result for 2nd, but the 3rd I honked and he ended 1 car ahead to 120. The SS was 1 car behind. just a little fun after work this morning.
Holguin831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 01:12 PM   #2
syonxwf
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: '13 MKVI GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holguin831 View Post
GTI- Custom intake, Beluga DP, Cobb stage 2 93 oct.
G8- Full exhaust, intake, Tune
SS- Full exhaust, intake

3 races all from 20, The first one all lined up the G8 in the middle did the three honk. So of course he took the hit. Steadily pulling about 2 car lengths to 100 and the ss was about half a car ahead to 100. Same result for 2nd, but the 3rd I honked and he ended 1 car ahead to 120. The SS was 1 car behind. just a little fun after work this morning.
I've had similar results with 2 separate Camaro SS's, thought maybe I just found guys that couldn't drive but I guess that really isn't the case. The numbers seem to make sense, they should pull slightly at higher speed, but from a slow roll like that to minimize spin, sounds pretty accurate to me. One of the Camaro owners was in shock though lol, he was like WTF, is that a turbo'd rabbit?!
// 2013 CSG GTI 6M // APR K04 v3.1 Low Output // Neuspeed FMIC // IE Intake // Sigma 6 SS // Ed's LED Tails // H&R Ultra Low Coilovers // Eurojet DP // Custom 3" Catback & Vibrant Resonator // Neuspeed Torque Insert // SB S2 Daily Clutch w/SMFW
// 2013 RAM 1500 Quad Cab // Custom 3" Stainless Exhaust // Dual Cherry Bomb Extreme Mufflers // Anzo U-Bar Black Headlights
syonxwf is offline   Reply With Quote