GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
There are hardly any 2.5 post in the "What did you do to your MK6 today?" in the Main MkVI section; I thought why not start on in the 2.5 Section.

i'll start !e

Several weeks ago I did an Axleback Install of a GTI muffler and GTI Rear Valance on my 2.5. Increased drivability from a slight bump in torque and a 10% increase in fuel milage. Sounds a bit quieter now.

Today I did a Re & Re of the gear oil in my manual transmission because at 85k miles it was starting to feel notchy during the 1 -2 shift; feels like new after the gear oil change.

gugu1981

Passed Driver's Ed
Someone needs to turbo their 2.5. I miss mine lol

there's a dedicated 2.5t thread on vortex. There's a few of us, mostly rabbits and golfs. At least one guys is doing a JDL turbo kit on a mk6 jetta. I have it running on my JSW.

Peter

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I recently bought a mk5 2.5 rabbit for a daily, since my mk6 gti is more of a track car nowadays. Yesterday I replaced the cabin filter which at 100k looks like it was oem - very gross. Also did an oil change and replaced the fuel filter. Up next I'm swapping the brakes/wheels/suspension from my gti onto the rabbit.

Sorry to hijack being I have a mk5. Same thing though almost :iono:

davserbic

Ready to race!
I recently bought a mk5 2.5 rabbit for a daily, since my mk6 gti is more of a track car nowadays. Yesterday I replaced the cabin filter which at 100k looks like it was oem - very gross. Also did an oil change and replaced the fuel filter. Up next I'm swapping the brakes/wheels/suspension from my gti onto the rabbit.

Nice, good maintenance. Im about to roll up to 50k mark and do the 50k maintenance before it gets too cold.

c72k

Go Kart Champion

Mk5 ftw:cool::thumbsup:

davserbic

Ready to race!
I decided to upgrade my base line SW for a MFSW so... I bought a Golf R MFSW.

Realized a few additional things are needed to make everything work. Overall, I needed a MFSW w/ Button Control Module, Highline Steering Wheel Control Module and MFSW Airbag Harness. The airbag itself is a direct swap from base SW to MFSW.

Now.. I just wait for it all to get here..

c72k

Go Kart Champion
I decided to upgrade my base line SW for a MFSW so... I bought a Golf R MFSW.

Realized a few additional things are needed to make everything work. Overall, I needed a MFSW w/ Button Control Module, Highline Steering Wheel Control Module and MFSW Airbag Harness. The airbag itself is a direct swap from base SW to MFSW.

Now.. I just wait for it all to get here..

That is one of the best mods that I did. So much better than the round one:thumbsup: