GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

eBay Catback with Godspeed Downpipe

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
VIDEO:

For those who are interested, I installed the eBay Catback with the Godspeed downpipe (w/Magnaflow cat)

Here's my sample of a cold start, step down, and revs. I'll be adding a Vibrant Resonator (1142) later this week and posting another video for comparison:

https://youtu.be/uBljzRmNvqc

datdudeukno

Passed Driver's Ed
I know videos never do these justice, but it sounds like there's a fluttering noise (for lack of a better way to describe it) when coming down in rpm's after revving. Is that just in the video?

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
I know videos never do these justice, but it sounds like there's a fluttering noise (for lack of a better way to describe it) when coming down in rpm's after revving. Is that just in the video?

Yeah there's a flutter when hopping off throttle in park. I noticed it in other folks videos as well with different catbacks.

The Vibrant resonator is now installed so I'll shoot a new vid in a day or so. I'm really pleased with the final product.

CaNANDian

Ready to race!
Yeah there's a flutter when hopping off throttle in park. I noticed it in other folks videos as well with different catbacks.

The Vibrant resonator is now installed so I'll shoot a new vid in a day or so. I'm really pleased with the final product.

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
Sorry, forgot to upload the vid. I shot these a few weeks ago. If you need better then I'll shoot another vid.

https://youtu.be/njEtBYFCrSw

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
Did you have any problems with fitment on these parts?

I started with the downpipe and it was a perfect fitment to my stock catback.

The catback, which I added later on, did have a significant tip alignment issue because one side of the Y-pipe was simply longer than the other. The eBay catback seller/builder credited me back some cash so that I could get additional hardware to even out the tips. After various trial and error I found that a good quality butt clamp allowed me to extend the length of the Y-pipe and get the even tip fitment that I was pleased with. The size of the tips look really nice IMO.

ManofVoice

Ready to race!
Anyone have any experience with this setup? Almost a year with the Downpipe.