GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 11-16-2016, 03:17 PM   #15
Tony48
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
The G35x will definitely have you beat. They're quick but not as quick as I thought due being heavy and losing some power in the 4wd drivetrain. I trust Car & Driver for real world numbers and here's what they have to say about a 2007 G35x (SOURCE):
Quote:
Originally Posted by Car & Driver
Our G35x tester, burdened with AWD and a five-speed automatic, blitzed to 60 in 5.4 seconds and the quarter-mile in 14.1 at 100 mph.
In contrast, I believe all the newer Accord Sport's are 4cylinder and you will easily beat one stock. I'm also pretty sure the auto tranny's are CVT so they are a joke. From Car & Driver, albeit they tested a manual (SOURCE):
Quote:
Acceleration is seamless if not exactly quick, with the zero-to-60-mph dash consuming a full 7.0 seconds and the quarter-mile run requiring 15.5 seconds with the Sport clearing the traps at 92 mph.
For reference, here's what C&D has to say about a 2010 GTI DSG 3dr (SOURCE):
Quote:
Our Tornado Red GTI sped from 0 to 60 mph in 6.1 seconds and hit 100 mph exactly 10 seconds later; the quarter-mile was covered in 14.7 seconds at 96 mph.
If you're worried about what your friends say you should probably just get tuned. You won't regret it