GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

4motion swapped 2.5 turbo Variant Build

zrickety

The Fixer
Got mine from Keffer VW awhile back. Sometimes the online dealers are the way to go.

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Never noticed you didn't have a short-shifter yet. Did you give a thought to the Dieselgeek SS? I ran the Neuspeed SS for some time, but the Dieselgeek is just so much more positive (and shorter) in its action!

I am sure the S3 shifter would retain that OEM feeling of "slotting into" gates, rather than the slight notchiness in Dieselgeek. But for me, the dieselgeek with my weighted shift-knob is just the perfect setup :)

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Never noticed you didn't have a short-shifter yet. Did you give a thought to the Dieselgeek SS? I ran the Neuspeed SS for some time, but the Dieselgeek is just so much more positive (and shorter) in its action!

I am sure the S3 shifter would retain that OEM feeling of "slotting into" gates, rather than the slight notchiness in Dieselgeek. But for me, the dieselgeek with my weighted shift-knob is just the perfect setup :)

That and the 034 billet insert. That piece is a must!

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
I researched a lot of them and read many posts before deciding on the S3 shifter. The two reasons that persuaded me was the OEM feel and just the fact its an Audi OEM part and secondly that I didn't want something with too many options/adjustments.

I'm still waiting on my S-Line shift knob to show up from Hungary, but will soon complete this with that OEM knob as well. Should be a nice setup!

I definitely get that. My DG had to be adjusted about 2-3 times, and I still do't think it's perfect. Definitely curious how the S3 feels in comparison.

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
I just realized after rereading my post, that I didnt actually upgrade the shifter bushing itself. I upgraded the bracket bushings with the billet versions from 034 Motorsport. I see 42DD makes an actual bushing kit for the linkage itself, so I guess there is even more room for slight improvement, although this feels great already. I might as well try the 42DD bushings because I will need to tear apart the driver side engine bay again to do my trans mount install. Guess I didnt think my install schedule through. Doh!

Yep, the 42DD bushings are worth it! I had them on when I was running the Neuspeed SS. They will get rid of some of that mushy feeling.

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Installed TyrolSport Stage2 hatch bracing today. What a perfect fit this item was. Love how it can easily be removed in an minute and didn't require any drilling. Install is so clean and OEM like. I opted for black bars for the stealth look.

I received mine yesterday. Hoping to install it asap! Hope you are liking it :)

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Got an updated tune from Unitronic with some minor adjustments to rectify an issue I was having. The problem I would have was between 3rd and 4th gear shifts under heavy load. The car was losing all power unless I lifted my foot off accelerator and depressed again.

The throttle body plate wasn't reacting fast enough. A couple tweaks from John at Unitronic and the issue is fixed. Feels good to hammer through the gears again :)

Feels good when tuners get back and solve these issues. I faced a similar ordeal with the APR 2.1 software. Happy driving :thumbsup:

KITEWAGON

Passed Driver's Ed
This is a great build. I just read the whole thing. I linked over to see what wheels you were running. I love those. I usually prefer OEM wheels but those ones are great looking.

I'm thinking about doing the P3 gauge as well. I don't know how I feel about digital boost vs. analog. I've got analog on my old TDI and love seeing what the turbo is doing.

ahard48

Ready to race!
This is just magical....its going to be a whole new front end!