GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clear or smoked side marker lights

Heresy

Ready to race!
Hey everyone. I'm looking for opinions. I'm wanting to replace the side marker lights, but I am torn between clear and smoked. I'm not interested in color-matched lights, because I'm not sure they'll pass the safety inspection. So, fire away.

Here's my car.

Last edited:

r15maniac

Go Kart Champion
me personally, unless you're putting clear on CW or smoked on BMP, I'd colour match.

JMO though.

I do like the red! :thumbsup:

ThatJohnGuy

pppffftttt
If you are worried about safety inspections, I would leave them ORANGE. That is why they are ORANGE.... for SAFETY. If you are going to change them, I agree with dude above, COLOR MATCHED.

john@FTC5

Go Kart Champion
That s the reason why I sell the color one n u keep the oem in case you need to swap out for annual inspection. You can change it out in 2 mins.

Disanto7389

Passed Driver's Ed
I know this post is old, but hopefully someone sees this lol. Where did you guys geting your color matched sidemarkers from? I found them on ese tuning but they want $150. At that point id buy the clear ones for 50.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
I know this post is old, but hopefully someone sees this lol. Where did you guys geting your color matched sidemarkers from? I found them on ese tuning but they want $150. At that point id buy the clear ones for 50.
Some people just paint them themselves

Sent from phone Tapa

-SnowmanMafia-

Passed Driver's Ed
Holy thread resurrection lol.

I painted them myself on my Mk5 GTI but they never perfectly matched. Eventually I just had a Euro bumper installed without them.