GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 2.5 today?

somerset91

Ready to race!
That's true, I live in southern California (for now), so not much precipitation to account for.

I got my Eurojet exhaust installed today! Noticeable drone on the highway when I'm giving the engine a bit more gas to go 70+ MPH or uphill, but nothing a little music can't fix. On local roads, I love the deep growl the engine has now :D

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Got back from the Rolex 24 hour race in Daytona a few days ago go me thinking about installing a short runner intake system on my 2.5. I removed the stock intake to take some measurements I may try to build one myself.

eyedeas

Ready to race!
Got back from the Rolex 24 hour race in Daytona a few days ago go me thinking about installing a short runner intake system on my 2.5. I removed the stock intake to take some measurements I may try to build one myself.

Good luck to you! I hope you have done some research. Integrated Engineering has an amazing SRI that you should check out.

madbikes

Ready to race!
I re-installed the rear sway bar as the bushing backed away from the mounting hardware. Should be plenty tight now.

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Good luck to you! I hope you have done some research. Integrated Engineering has an amazing SRI that you should check out.
Thanks I like to tinker with stuff, for whatever its worth. I know about the IE SRI and tune, being around performance cars and racing a long time, but I can't say I'm very impressed enough to pay over $2000 CAD$ for their stage 2 SRI and tune. The IE SRI manifold does produce good HP high up in the rev range but not enough midrange torque to even make it competitive with a stock GTI.
To start the project, I ordered an intake manifold from a dismantler today, I will cut it up and see what I can make. I like the power curve of the IE Stage 1 tune, (205 TQ), which I can get from United Motorsport (UM), so I plan to make my version of SRI that will extend the HP peak a bit longer.

EDIT: getting alot of info from this old Vortex Thread
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5564382-intake-and-exhaust-manifold-info-by-NLS

Last edited:

MLue1

Drag Racing Champion
Stopped by Definitive Tuning today, to do a baseline dyno pull to compare with future results. Best price and support for Dyno pulls around the Toronto area.

Only mods installed P-Flow Intake and axleback GTI Suitcase Muffler (original Mid Muffler).
WTQ - 170 ft-lb
WHP - 153 HP

EDIT: Someone contacted me regarding my stock numbers and graph in comparison to the stock ones posted on the Integrated Engineering (IE) site. All I can say is that my baseline was done on a Dynopack Dyno like IE used and are the HP and Torque are the driving wheels for my car. I can't speak for the numbers on the IE web site.

Attachments

• Dyno.jpg
    Dyno.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Yesterday I removed my vaccum pump and I installed a vaccum pump delete kit, the brake booster is now connected to the manifold intake. I do notice a little difference in the brake assist I would say it's better. It's not a performance upgrade, I just wanted to get rid of my vacuum pump before it starts to leak. Installation is pretty easy, it's a bit long, I did a mistake by removing the vacuum cover, oil leaked over tools and it was a bit harder to manipulate, except that, the installation went fine.

I also noticed that the car is a bit more quiet on iddle, I don't know why, but the first time I started the car after the installation, a EPC light went on the dash and then disapeared a few seconds after. My friend also told me that the smoke from the exhaust was a bit more black than before, I don't know why too...

Anyway, here are a few pictures:

I bought Audi coil packs and NGK iridium spark, I will install it next week when I receive the package.

The next things I'm planning to buy it's the transmission and engine mounts pair sold by 034Motorsport.

I haven't been that much active on this topic before, so I'm just going to enumerate what I have done in the past months, changed the downpipe for a USP high-flow catalytic, changed cat-back for a TechtonicTuning exhaust with dual Borla tip (Sounds awesome, I will post some videos this week), tuned the car with UnitedMotorsport Stage 2, since the car is tuned it's make back-fire sound as hell each time I release the gas pedal, I'm not sure if it's normal. When I think about it, even if the manifold valve close, there is still a few O2 in the manifold and I don't think the gas is too rich since the car is tuned for 91 / 93 and I'm putting 91, so it's maybe a sparks that is not fully wokring as it should, well I will be able to confirm this soon, I'm replacing coil packs and sparks next week. It didn't make pop sound before the tune and before the tune, new downpipe and cat-back was already installed.

Edit: Finally I bought 034Motorsport engine-trans pair mounts today, I will install it next week too, is it hard to install ?

Last edited:

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Today, while I was waiting to receive my new coil packs and sparks, I decided to remove my current coil packs. I saw oil on my coil packs and called VW, they told me it's probably a leak from the valve cover gasket. So I wanted to order the gasket from my dealer and I have been told that it would take 3-4 days instead of 1-2 days because it's under revision by VW.

I was curious, so I made a few researchs and I found out that we should replace this gasket around 100k-130k milles and also that this gasket is most likely to leak compared to others gaskets. I'm going to install the new gasket next week and I will install my coil packs and new sparks, I will give you feedbacks next week too.

Just by precautions, I would recommend you to look if there is no oil on your coil packs and sparks since it seems to be a commun issue. Tuned cars seems to have higher chance for leaks since the pressure is higher.

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Replaced the gasket today, cost me 30$ CAD tax includes, cleaned up oil and now the car is making less back-fire and is more responsive and feel betters, performance increased for sure, the oil was affecting performances.

Got few issues with the shipping of my new coil packs and sparks, I should receive the package tomorrow ;)

davserbic

Ready to race!
Ordered oil + filter for 60k maintenance from ECS Tuning!

Skipping the break fluid flush.. who really does that honestly?

FlowMK6

Ready to race!
Installed Audi coil packs and NGK iridium sparks. I also replaced my valve cover gasket, no more leak and no more oil on my coil packs and sparks.

Throttle response is improved, but I don't notice it that much

I also started putting 94 octane gas on my car (I got UM Stage 2) and it really makes driving more fun, shifting is more smooth, more torque and I got torque at lower RPM, very fun and it only cost 5$CAD more per tank, I can live with it and it makes driving so much funnier !

Should receive my engine and tranny mounts today, should be installed for Tuesday ;)

Ordered spulen dog bone kit today, I'm also planing to buy USP Stainless Brake lines kit and stoptech brakes bad ( front and rear) + brake fluid

And just for your ear, one of my friend took a video of my 2.5L making some kind of back-fire:

https://youtu.be/GFx3pP2kkXc

Have fun watching ! :)