GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
really? I assumed it was pulling the actual map sensor value

nope. i thought so too but confirmed with them a little while ago. they even managed to sell my friend a gauge flash for his tune because supposedly it needed to be calibrated for the new maf signal. shortly after i ditched mine.

the analog sensor should work no matter what the setup.

For the MAF portion yes I could see that but not the MAP portion, because if it was MAF driven then stock vs say k04 the values would be all F'd up since you are flowing more air with ko4 at 10psi than you are with oem, also BT car works also so stock 10psi call it 220 g/sec max (example only) and 10psi on a gt30 10psi 270g/sec (example only)

kern417

Go Kart Champion
my friend got a revo tune and it was reading 26 psi at times so he contacted the owner and screenshotted their conversation. that's the direction it went, and why he sold a "calibrated" flash to him for his tune. i just lost faith in it ultimately. even the oil temp numbers are calculated.

VEE-DUBBER

Passed Driver's Ed
Im sure the other Maestro users saw, but if not Tapp added the injection correction map over the weekend. At least for my AE ecu.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
Let's take a vote. Who here has spent the most money on their GTI. I personally think it's down to 2 people. U20T or Hyde(Ryan Jacobs). What's your vote?

Really have to go there lol, it honestly depends who is doing the work. I do most of my own so keeps the costs down somewhat. But if we are talking shear parts king me.

But guys not doing the work and have crazy air setups, interiors and bodywork done prob have me beat in the end.

For watching my insta on the mil spec harnesses and moving wiring etc, damn does that all add up quick, here some winter updates for those that dont follow me. only a few so its not too long of a post. I ll post all in my build thread.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
My total is wayyyy up there as well. I do a lot of trading/bargaining/side work for stuff too, so it keeps the cost down.

If you take the package I bought with the built motor and 3+ kit, minus selling my K04, the head off the motor I bought, and my stock bottom end, I actually made $100 going big turbo :)

I have more in Aquamist than I do tuning and replacing all of the bearings/gaskets/seals/headstuds in the bottom end I put in. LOL

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I think JR, Don and myself have probably spent the most on our cars, I can't even bring myself to admit what I've spent but like Nick, I've bartered for most all of it. After 10K I stopped counting and this was pre-BT. Once K04 it was all about every HP increasing bolt on possible, suspension/wheels/tires for traction, 2 brake kits with rear upgrade, various intake setups, methanol tanks/jets and tuning (basically where Bowers is at now stretching the limits of a methanol K04). As soon as I went big turbo the bank account drained but that's because I went for the fully built long block (because I can't help myself), custom FMIC, custom exhaust, intake, turbo kit, new meth setup, port injection, TB hardware, and now powdercoating gone wild. I know it's been about 1.5 years but I'm almost there. After I figure out inspection, I'm building my 02Q with all new OE hardware, Darkside braces and ARP case bolts, DSS axles, swapping out the rear ST XTA springs for Swift stiffer springs, powdercoating my rusted rear control arms, installing a rear diffuser and front splitter, having my bumper shaved with the Jetta sportline lower grill and by then the engine will be broken in for my first synthetic oil change and we are on to Torqbyte Tuning and final dyno tune.

U-20T

Go Kart Champion
I wish i could do better on my deals but seems like my stuff is hard to sell then all of a sudden once its gone everyone wants to go for it. Happened to both turbo kits and happening with this AWD setup that Im going to loose on big time. If someone wants a real good deal on it and is serious PM me offered the same deal to Ryan and its good. even if you are not dsg and dont plan on it you can sell the parts and make out, i have someone that wants the wavetrac already and the mech unit is def worth a few pennies as well

t3 5530 > vband 5858 > t4 divided 6262 > t4 divided ?

Last edited:

kern417

Go Kart Champion
i really wish i would have just gone BT from the jump. i'm glad i skipped k04. but it's the multiple build iterations that drive the price up, and idk anyone who's swapped more parts than JR and Ryan.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
I feel. I went fbo > k04 > f23t > ATP gt3076r-wg > CTS gtx3076r but I still don't come close to those guys. Go all out the first time kids. Leave lots of headroom in your setup.