GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > GTI & Golf MKVI General Discussions

Old 02-27-2017, 06:16 PM   #393
JSwag420
Touring Car Champion

Drives: '12 CSG DSG GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
I have a squeak coming from that area as well. I removed everything in the hatch and it's still there. I have factory tails. Cleaned the seal around the hatch door and checked the stops. Need to find an area where I can drive with the hatch open and see if it still does it.
For months now I've had a horrible sound that sounds like a plastic bead rapidly vibrating (plastic on plastic) back there .It gets to a point where it's embarrassingly loud at some points. After trying EVERYTHING, I'm assuming it's a broken clip that supports a wire or something behind the hatch plastic. Gonna pry it off soon to find it.
JSwag420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 06:24 PM   #394
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSwag420 View Post
For months now I've had a horrible sound that sounds like a plastic bead rapidly vibrating (plastic on plastic) back there .It gets to a point where it's embarrassingly loud at some points. After trying EVERYTHING, I'm assuming it's a broken clip that supports a wire or something behind the hatch plastic. Gonna pry it off soon to find it.
Yeah mine is pretty annoying. Usually end up turning up the music and hopefully with warmer weather outside, the wind will help drown out the noise, wherever it's coming from. I'm afraid to mess with the interior pieces and make it worse (create new noises ).

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote