GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 12-07-2016, 09:11 PM   #1639
fender177
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: White
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arin@APR View Post
APR is pleased to present APR Mobile!
Arin@APR -- have you guys abandoned this dongle? It has so much potential, but the current feature set is too limited to make it worth the hefty price tag IMO. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being able to switch programs easily and log data. But, I want some other features like a stupid 0-60 timer. Maybe a real time boost gauge. Of course, being able to configure the RPM limit for launch control would be cool too. Maybe a way to check to make sure the version of your tune is the most current.

Can you give us an update regarding where the software stands?
Old 12-08-2016, 08:11 PM   #1640
thatspsychotic
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: '11 GTI 4DR DSG, '14 Forester XT
Quote:
Originally Posted by fender177 View Post
Arin@APR -- have you guys abandoned this dongle? It has so much potential, but the current feature set is too limited to make it worth the hefty price tag IMO. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy being able to switch programs easily and log data. But, I want some other features like a stupid 0-60 timer. Maybe a real time boost gauge. Of course, being able to configure the RPM limit for launch control would be cool too. Maybe a way to check to make sure the version of your tune is the most current.

Can you give us an update regarding where the software stands?
Also in for an update. Last I had heard they had brought in a dedicated mobile guy, but yeah no word since then. There is a ton of potential here... things like configurable torque-by-gear limits, launch control parameters, VAGCOM/OBDEleven/PolarFIS+ style features, (OBDEleven is much more worth it than APR Mobile IMO), etc.

Future: ST Coilovers | Tyrolsport Deadset | H&R 26/22mm Swaybars | MOOG End Links
thatspsychotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 02:40 PM   #1641
greenbeens
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: GTI MKVI
Safe to assume APR mobile is dead?
greenbeens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 05:45 PM   #1642
fender177
FIA GT Newbie

I think so. I sent APR an email asking for an update about a week ago and haven't heard anything. Sucks. Might be time to start looking at some open source projects that accomplish similar goals out there.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:00 PM   #1643
artemk93
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 KO4 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemk93 View Post
Is anyone using apr mobile with google pixel? I recently switched from iphone and can't make the app to work. My phone has no problem pairing with the dongle, but the app doesn't see it

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I got it to work, but it is very unstable, sometimes it connects, sometimes not. All the app functionality works once it is connected. But as others have mentioned there needs to be more functionality, and we haven't received a proper update in a very long time.
artemk93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 06:02 PM   #1644
artemk93
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2012 KO4 GTI
Quote:
I think so. I sent APR an email asking for an update about a week ago and haven't heard anything. Sucks. Might be time to start looking at some open source projects that accomplish similar goals out there.
I am pretty sure vagcom has a mobile version

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds-mobile/vcds-mobile.php

artemk93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 06:15 PM   #1645
fender177
FIA GT Newbie

Quote:

Good tip man. I already have their regular USB cable. But this is cool.
Old 12-23-2016, 08:01 PM   #1646
bmc333
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 Tornado Red GTI
Send a message via AIM to bmc333 Send a message via Yahoo to bmc333
Quote:

Just ordered that - have to wait until after Jan 1 tho since they're on leave from today thru Jan 1st. Its not cheap at all BUT you can do everything the cable can using your phone if you run the dongle in infrastructure mode and use your phone's hotspot.
bmc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2017, 12:24 PM   #1647
Mr_Dog
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2012 GLI
Quote:
I just picked one up and am frustrated beyond frustrated. The app just crashes when attempting to do any data logging.

Their support has been ridiculously slow and does not appear to have much idea of what could be going wrong.

Like everyone here I agree there is sooo much potential but it seems they do not want to take the opportunity to provide something difference or have no idea how.

They should atleast give us an api so that 3rd party's can create apps. I would love too give a hand at this and make a usable app.

Last edited by Mr_Dog; 03-09-2017 at 12:38 PM.
Mr_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote