GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum

Old 03-10-2017, 08:40 AM   #43
bmc333
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 Tornado Red GTI
Send a message via AIM to bmc333 Send a message via Yahoo to bmc333
Quote:
Originally Posted by -SnowmanMafia- View Post
Sooooo installed the boost gauge. The piping that was supplied with the gauge is too small to fit over the nipple of the ECS boost tap I bought...

I found this out AFTER I ran the tubing through the firewall and into the engine bay. Im hoping I can just tape the two tubes together and pull the new tubing I bought straight into the engine bay when it arrives.

Overall I'm kinda meh about the numbers. It seems like the Mustang was reading SUPER low for everyone.
I went with the ECS gauge kit (vent mount, their gauge, boost tap and tubing and ran into the same issue with the tubing diameter being WAY too small. I did get the tubing to work however, had to soak the end of the tubing in boiling hot water to make it soft enough that I could force it over the end of the boost tap nip - got it on and it and its been on there nice and snug for about a year now, no issue.

Regarding Mustang dynos, I've heard they run low on their measurements and Dynojets are a better measurement for AWD output.
bmc333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:53 PM   #44
-SnowmanMafia-
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2013 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc333 View Post
I went with the ECS gauge kit (vent mount, their gauge, boost tap and tubing and ran into the same issue with the tubing diameter being WAY too small. I did get the tubing to work however, had to soak the end of the tubing in boiling hot water to make it soft enough that I could force it over the end of the boost tap nip - got it on and it and its been on there nice and snug for about a year now, no issue.

Regarding Mustang dynos, I've heard they run low on their measurements and Dynojets are a better measurement for AWD output.
I ended up buying new silicone tubing from 42DD and it was WAY more quality. Super easy to fit and they included zip ties for added security.

And yea, Im not too concerned over those dyno numbers. The car is quick and even with those whp/wtq numbers it's making somewhere around 270/300 crank assuming a 20% loss.