GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New,Completely different Full LED/Bi-Xenon Mk6 Headlights - AutoPartsEurope

clownish

just clowning around
What's the vendor supposed to do? Osram had originally said it would deliver in January. Osram ran into manufacturing issues with the test release and now won't ship till April. It's a new product. This stuff happens. I'd rather them take the time to make it right then rush to ship it half assed.

I suppose that's the most reasonable approach to take.

Just reminded me of a vortex group buy - company that was making fog light grills for Mk5 r32s - took months past promised deadline dates, poor communication and finally when it came out on a handful of cars, terrible fit and finish. Promises to fix it and eventually price increases with a disappointing end result. If I thought about it I am sure we could come up with more examples. I guess we know it's always a bit of a gamble in these things.

Edit: Absolutely not knocking the product or the vendor (yet?) - I just recall several release delays on these lights already and this just another. Not making me hopeful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
7 pages of thread and not one single picture? Wtf lol

Pictures and videos of the lights on cars all over the net. Google it, brah.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
I suppose that's the most reasonable approach to take.

Just reminded me of a vortex group buy - company that was making fog light grills for Mk5 r32s - took months past promised deadline dates, poor communication and finally when it came out on a handful of cars, terrible fit and finish. Promises to fix it and eventually price increases with a disappointing end result. If I thought about it I am sure we could come up with more examples. I guess we know it's always a bit of a gamble in these things.

Edit: Absolutely not knocking the product or the vendor (yet?) - I just recall several release delays on these lights already and this just another. Not making me hopeful.

The difference being this is Osram. A multinational tier 1 automotive supplier. Not some mom and pop operation run out of a basement. Release delays happen all the time in manufacturing. If Volkswagen had delayed the release of their timing chain tensioners back during production maybe we'd have less failing and destroying engines. I would've waiting.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Shit happens people have waited this long now you guys have a response from Osram so another month really won't kill you guys. Not much Marco (auto parts europe) can do about the situation besides wait for osram to provide the pre orders. Trust me I been waiting for a set myself also.

Last edited:

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
This is classic group buy failure on the part of the vender. Had high hopes for these headlights.

The first delay from osram was due to production issues. Theres a few people in europe who have these. They were essentially test cars for osram

kapoogle

Passed Driver's Ed
I was going to cancel my pre-order because i needed the money... BUT they are so sexy... so worth the wait haha tired of my china reps/halogens T_T plus it's around my birthday they're shipping :thumbsup:

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
I was going to cancel my pre-order because i needed the money... BUT they are so sexy... so worth the wait haha tired of my china reps/halogens T_T plus it's around my birthday they're shipping :thumbsup:

Definitely will be a great bday present for yourself

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Btw these lights are being shipped out the 17th week of 2017 so first week of May

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Pictures and videos of the lights on cars all over the net. Google it, brah.

i mean i don't even know what these are - black or chrome housings? led DRLs or nah? City lights included or F that? lol

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
i mean i don't even know what these are - black or chrome housings? led DRLs or nah? City lights included or F that? lol

Everything is included. They are black housings... led drls yes an city lights are included

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
Love these things. If they aren't discounted, I'll be getting these for whatever cost I can find them for next year.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Love these things. If they aren't discounted, I'll be getting these for whatever cost I can find them for next year.
I can talk to Marco but cheapest right now would be like 950 shipped

MK6NGT

Ready to race!
I can talk to Marco but cheapest right now would be like 950 shipped

Can't do anything this year. Wedding to save for, maybe small stuff here and there but these aren't on my "to do" until next year. Hope they're still around by then, I'm sure they will be but things happen. These are the best assemblies I've seen online, price is high but it is what it is.

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
If anyone is interested in buying these please feel free to msg me or if you even have some questions youd like to ask. I can answer them for you or if I cant I will ask Marco for you.