GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > VW Golf R Forum

Old 05-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #15
gregprep29
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI
I actually think the AWE boost gauge is the cleanest and most oem. There's not much digital on the GTI/ Golf R, so why would you want a digital reading going up and down all the time. It's going to be constantly changing, and I think it'd get annoying fast... Take a look at AWE's. http://www.awe-tuning.com/products/v...gauge-kit.html
gregprep29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 03:39 AM   #16
Sandok
Go Kart Champion

Drives: Golf R
If given the choice, I'd go for the AWE, but the needle on the R is blue and the red would just suck
Old 03-14-2017, 08:57 AM   #17
Stevenryleyp
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Rising Blue R 2013
This thread is far past being old, does anyone know of more boost gauges for the R that are out now? I love the Newsouth performance gauge so if there are any similar that would be ideal. Just trying to make the right choice and these threads are old.
Stevenryleyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 09:48 AM   #18
audiohs
Autocross Newbie

Drives: Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevenryleyp View Post
This thread is far past being old, does anyone know of more boost gauges for the R that are out now? I love the Newsouth performance gauge so if there are any similar that would be ideal. Just trying to make the right choice and these threads are old.
I really like the NSP gauge. It matches the OE gauges very well. Overall the kit is pretty good. I had two small issues with installation:
- the ventpod piece was a bit finnicky trying to fit. It kept popping back out so I had to hold it together while installing it back into the dash
- the boost tap that they provide is not very sturdy. Mine broke. I ended up ordering a boost tap from Podi. I also used some extra rubber hose I had to give me more slack to run the boost line in the engine compartment.

Overall, the gauge works well and looks great. No chatter and seems responsive.
audiohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 11:43 AM   #19
-SnowmanMafia-
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2013 Golf R
The NSP gauge is the only one with a blue needle that I know of.

I installed a Passport Evo digital gauge that is white. '

Old 03-14-2017, 07:25 PM   #20
Timo
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2012 R
podi makes a boost gauge with blue needle. I have one installed with the ECS vent pod.
Timo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:36 PM   #21
totalrecall98

Drives: 2012 Golf R
I agree with audiohs. The NewSouth Performance boost gauge fits in nicely with the analog gauges of the R.

Previously, I had the P3 Cars digital boost gauge on my wish list but that changed after seeing the NSP gauge in a video of an owner doing a walkaround of his Golf R mods.

http://www.ngpracing.com/newstore/ne...or-golf-r.html

The vent pod and trim ring are separate items sold on NGP. ECS Tuning sells a complete kit but NSP boost gauge has a red needle. Price is about same between the two vendors.
totalrecall98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 06:54 PM   #22
-SnowmanMafia-
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2013 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregprep29 View Post
I actually think the AWE boost gauge is the cleanest and most oem. There's not much digital on the GTI/ Golf R, so why would you want a digital reading going up and down all the time. It's going to be constantly changing, and I think it'd get annoying fast... Take a look at AWE's. http://www.awe-tuning.com/products/v...gauge-kit.html
I disagree. I don't even notice my gauge unless I'm actively watching it.