GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

DIY: Tiguan Pipe Install & Noise Maker Delete

mlody91

Ready to race!
......I'm starting to think the rubber expansion plug wasn't the best idea. Ever since I put it in, the smell of burnt rubber comes up after about 15 minutes of driving.

JerGTI

Ready to race!
Sub'd. Did this on the weekend, would have been nice to see this before hand. Haha.

I didn't complete remove the noise maker behind the fire wall so I might do that soon.

Thanks for posting!

aregister

Ready to race!
Can't wait to do this on mine. Don't the '11 and on have the soundaktor? Ugh would have been so much easier to unplug THAT than all this bs. I feel like its a parasite to my engine cylinders. Argh

Renner

Go Kart Champion
I hope that holds for you. If not you might have a projectile under your hood. You might have better luck getting to that hose clamp from under the car with a ratchet instead of a screwdriver. I remember some of the bolts were awkward but all were reachable.

Yep....could be an expensive hood repair also

Jason3D

Go Kart Champion
Can't wait to do this on mine. Don't the '11 and on have the soundaktor? Ugh would have been so much easier to unplug THAT than all this bs. I feel like its a parasite to my engine cylinders. Argh
I don't think it has much if any effect on performance so I wouldn't worry about that. Some people thought the delete helped throttle response but I think it just helped their butt dyno. I didn't notice any effect besides the car being quiet inside. It was a bit of a project though. Much more so than unplugging the soundaktor. Probably took me an hour.

Krungthep10250

Don't mean to dig up an old thread. But just got done with my conversion today and I absolutely love it! Thank you author for the super easy step-by-step pics and description. It took me about 2.5-3 hrs but because I was having problems removing the piping from the hoses(possibly because it's a 2010 and the hoses have never been touched). But I honestly feel a slightly quicker throttle response, not night and day, but definitely quicker. No more Sea-doo jetski sound, and the cabin is quieter. Now I can actually hear my engine and it sounds great! I do have an APR stage 1 tune, and got the kit from ecstuning

Last edited:

Fast505

Great DIY! I just went full APR cat back. Thinking this mod will allow for more thorough enjoyment of those sounds.

piff_jar

Passed Driver's Ed
Thx for the DIY. found the Tiguan pipe on ebay for $80 and the firewall plugs for $20.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Laimface

Ready to race!
I'm lucky in that I have neither these pipes or soundaktor because CCZB master race ;)