GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Apr needs to get on that pop pop crackle tune asap, I like cobb pro tunes and what not but I trust apr more

Really? APR has been having a lot of issues with their latest updates and people still aren't fully happy with their "patches." I wouldn't really consider them trust-worthy. I would never pay for their software.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
I think that if you gave us a shot to tune your car you will be pleasantly surprised by the quality as well as service. We have a lot of hours of development in these calibrations and there has been an emphasis placed on driveability as well as safety and performance.

Is there any importance to the crackling and popping other than just symphony to the ears?

Laimface

Ready to race!
The crackles stop 1-2 seconds after onset. They don't keep crackling as you coast.

That's brilliant. What is your support like for the UK? I may be getting a Cobb and the crackle map after my Clutch upgrade and DP.

I take it I'll have to send some logs as UK 98RON is totally different to the USA stuff.

tofuD01

Ready to race!
I would've went with Cobb if they were around for Mk6 back in late 2015, already gunned for APR at the time, was great on stage 1 v1.2 but the stage 2 v2.1 had so much driveability issues and v2.4 improved it but not perfect i think.

CHerna

Ready to race!
Apr needs to get on that pop pop crackle tune asap, I like cobb pro tunes and what not but I trust apr more

APR is so ingrained in the VW/Audi community it's scary. I don't get it.

The future is now. Cobb has opened a window for us - making things easier. I like the idea of a protune. More precise than an OTS tune. I'll likely be going with a stratified tune.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I have the crackles tune and it does not do it like the video. I also have a catted downpipe so I don't know how much that changes how it sounds, but it gives some nice burbles on decel and downshifts but it doesn't last anywhere near as long as it does in that video. It's perfect imo.
Good to know.

The crackles stop 1-2 seconds after onset. They don't keep crackling as you coast.
really good to know ;]

Nope just a lovely thing to hear.
everyone loves pops and gurgles from the exhaust lol

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion
Good to know.

really good to know ;]

everyone loves pops and gurgles from the exhaust lol

I love it when mine does it first thing after a cold start when getting going. I already am tuned through GIAC so I'm not changing anytime soon. A Stratified tune is a really good route to go though.

hbrown0509

Go Kart Champion

The future is now. Cobb has opened a window for us - making things easier. I like the idea of a protune. More precise than an OTS tune. I'll likely be going with a stratified tune.

APR is great at advertisement that's for sure. Their software seems to have gone downhill at least for the Mk6 GTI. Not knocking all OTS software as there are a lot of good ones out there, but it seems if you find a really good protuner for your Cobb AP, like Stratified, you can definitely get more bang for your buck. If I was in the market for a tune I'd definitely be interested in checking them out.

FriggenT1

Banned

Fanboys

FriggenT1

Banned
Lol! Cobb: God's gift to humanity lol.

I've had plenty of the APs, I'm going with UM myself, but I'm tired of logging and tweaking, and logging and tweaking, back and forth. if a tune is set, I don't have to worry about it anymore.

Otherwise I'd probably go with Cobb and an e-tune tbh. I have seen the complaints about APR and they seem to have been scarce on here lately (could just be me), so perhaps the mk7 is what they're most concerned about. While I understand that, you have to remember the people who put you there though.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Is there any importance to the crackling and popping other than just symphony to the ears?

Just an added dimension to the driving experience via aural symphony :)

That's brilliant. What is your support like for the UK? I may be getting a Cobb and the crackle map after my Clutch upgrade and DP.

I take it I'll have to send some logs as UK 98RON is totally different to the USA stuff.

good 93 in the US is similar to 98 in the UK but a log review is never a bad thing to get.