GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

pcfoo

Passed Driver's Ed
My 1st custom startup screen...

pcfoo

Passed Driver's Ed
Love it. Do you mind if I post this on our site for people to download?

No, it won't be an issue!
More to come if people ask for them.

What about this one?

Last edited:

samage80

Passed Driver's Ed
So antsy for some nice weather to get my catback on and buy this flash...

Take my money!!!

Will be ordering soon.

Has anyone flashed this yet who previously ran a Cobb OTS Stage1+ map and can speak to the improvements??

JS12

Ready to race!
So antsy for some nice weather to get my catback on and buy this flash...

Take my money!!!

Will be ordering soon.

Has anyone flashed this yet who previously ran a Cobb OTS Stage1+ map and can speak to the improvements??

I've had the following (all 93 oct):

Cobb Stage 1 (Stock intake)
Cobb Stage 1+ (Cobb intake but had MAF issues so returned it)
Cobb Stage 1 High Boost (IE intake)
Stage 1 Protune (not Stratified)
Cobb Stage 2 (Cobb turboback)
Stage 2 Protune (not Stratified)
Stratified Stage 2 (still in progress)

I'll say again that the initial Stratified map performed better than any of the other stage 2 tunes I've had. This is not so scientifically based on increased peak boost, holding higher boost longer, better MAF and fuel trim readings, and less traction in lower gears with my mediocre tires. Alex definitely knows this platform well and I've been very happy so far.

Hope this helps.

pcfoo

Passed Driver's Ed

fenster

Installed the AP and Stratified tune today (stock car, 91 octane). I've only put about 20 miles on the tune, and haven't completed the MAF calibration or datalog refinement yet, but I'm quite impressed. Second and third gear feel really strong. Right after flashing, I noticed a slight lag in some gears on initial throttle tip-in, but those dips seemed to have worked themselves out and drivability is excellent now. Looking forward to putting on some more miles and sending logs to Stratified for the datalog refinement tune. I'll report back with any noteworthy developments as they come.

pcfoo

Passed Driver's Ed
I drove ~35 miles on my 91 oct OTS STune today, but SoCal traffic did not allow me to do much...freeways were a parking lot...
Still my experience was exactly the same as fenster reports above...I drove pretty conservatively being the 1st time, and only went WOT around the last 5 miles of my commute. If you go "granma mode" @ with my DSG, you can hardly know the difference from stock. It is very refined.

The even with half throttle though, car is definitely more lively and the engine sounds angrier and feels much more igor to spool up. I did notice downshifts in Manual while simultaneously getting off the throttle were a bit crude in the beginning, but seemed to improve as the car adapted.
There is some increase in torque steer, as the map at 22psi or so, does ask a lot more from this FWD over the stock tune.

Trims appeared to be fine with our CA 91 pump gas right out of the box. Perhaps I will get some logs over the weekend as my current 91 tank runs low.

I have to admit that although I have all the COBB OTS maps, I don't know if I care flashing back and forth to see if there is a difference...more happy to go for a very mild E85 blend and try the 93 S-Tune instead for my next tank...

Last edited:

Laimface

Ready to race!
Installed the AP and Stratified tune today (stock car, 91 octane). I've only put about 20 miles on the tune, and haven't completed the MAF calibration or datalog refinement yet, but I'm quite impressed. Second and third gear feel really strong. Right after flashing, I noticed a slight lag in some gears on initial throttle tip-in, but those dips seemed to have worked themselves out and drivability is excellent now. Looking forward to putting on some more miles and sending logs to Stratified for the datalog refinement tune. I'll report back with any noteworthy developments as they come.

I find the first 50 miles is very surgey for my tune when fault codes are reset (not Stratified) for the first 50 miles while the fuel trims are sorting themselves out etc.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
if we do just the regular flash and non data-log refinements is it still $50 at a later date if we do want it refined via logs say a few months after purchase or something?

markgbe

Passed Driver's Ed
so.... dumb question perhaps... but..

The site says "fuel configuration - single file 91 or 93". Does that mean that the single tune will work with 91 or 93 in the tank or is the customer choosing one or the other after the order is complete?

Thanks

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie

The site says "fuel configuration - single file 91 or 93". Does that mean that the single tune will work with 91 or 93 in the tank or is the customer choosing one or the other after the order is complete?

Thanks
you would tell them on the tune form they send you whether you use 91 or 93 octane.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
if we do just the regular flash and non data-log refinements is it still $50 at a later date if we do want it refined via logs say a few months after purchase or something?

Yes the datalog refinement can always be purchased at a later time. Keep in mind that the base tune does come with a MAF cal refinement which we feel is necessary with these vehicles.

Thanks

We build the tune to spec and you specify your fuel grade in the tuning form once you purchase the tune.