GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 04-03-2017, 12:26 AM   #29
Muratti
FIA World Rally Car Newbie

Drives: 2012 UGM GTI-DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by EGOMAN View Post
Thanks i checked them out but the catback is $900 !!
https://www.getunitronic.com/parts/e...6-gti-cat-back
I meant from the forum. I sold mine for $450 couple of months ago.
35 Prct Tinted|OEM Interior LEDs|Koni Oranges|DG Springs|Euro Switch|Black Side Markers|PIAA Plasma Ion Fogs|R8 Coils|NGK PFR7SEG Spark Plugs|Neuspeed RSe12 with Conti DWS06|Neuspeed P-Flow Intake|DEPO Headlights with Morimoto HID 4500 Kit|
Muratti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 03:04 AM   #30
Laimface

Drives: '09 Candy White GTi 6MT
Tbh most catbacks alone sound a bit crap. Best combo I've heard is stock catback with a downpipe. Who wouldn't want another 70hp to play with?
Old 04-03-2017, 07:11 AM   #31
hbrown0509
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 VW GTI 4DR DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
Tbh most catbacks alone sound a bit crap. Best combo I've heard is stock catback with a downpipe. Who wouldn't want another 70hp to play with?

I disagree. Besides as the OP stated he's only looking for a catback at this time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hbrown0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 07:13 AM   #32
hbrown0509
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 VW GTI 4DR DSG
Best exhaust sound for MK6 GTI for daily drive, no drone

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLeo View Post
People with catless downpipes and catbacks saying there is no drone are lying. I have a catless downpipe and stock catback and it drones a little bit. I couldnt imagine having an aftermarket catback too. If you dont want drone keep it stock. Its a 4 cylinder turbo its gonna drone especially on the highway.

I have zero drone on my AWE TBE.

Edit: I just realized you said catless DP. Mine is definitely catted and has a resonator lol.

hbrown0509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:33 AM   #33
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLeo View Post
People with catless downpipes and catbacks saying there is no drone are lying. I have a catless downpipe and stock catback and it drones a little bit. I couldnt imagine having an aftermarket catback too. If you dont want drone keep it stock. Its a 4 cylinder turbo its gonna drone especially on the highway.
Drone is different to each person. To you it may be unbearably loud to me its a mild hum..You cant say what is drone and what isnt as we all hear differently than each other.

Quote:
I really liked the sound of my catback paired to the stock downpipe it made some small gurgles and pops when down low and cruising around a parking lot.. i was happy with it i went with the downpipe for the added power of a stage 2 tune but i was quite content with the sound of just my catback alone..
Quote:
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 09:56 AM   #34
EGOMAN
Ready to race!

Drives: GTI MK6 Shadow Blue
I talked to Unitronic guy and he said I should go with DP only I checked them on YouTube and that thing is loud when started up however I couldn't find one while cruising.

Mine is DSG BTW still undecided tho but at least from reading the replies catless are no go which is OK I am planning to keep everything stock except for the catback.

After listening to many suggestions here in YouTube I think the best drone-free catbacks are Unitronic, Magnaflow, Meltik and Borla, am I correct?
EGOMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:20 AM   #35
Kyle805
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 White 2-door GTI
Both my borla and magnaflow had awful drone after I added a catted downpipe. With the stock one it wasn't awful but it was still there for sure.

My advice would be to go with an exhaust that has a rear suitcase, that will minimize the drone and be all around quieter

Retired car: 2013 Volkswagen GTI

Top secret project in the making too..
Kyle805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:02 AM   #36
Laimface

Quote:
Originally Posted by EGOMAN View Post
I talked to Unitronic guy and he said I should go with DP only I checked them on YouTube and that thing is loud when started up however I couldn't find one while cruising.

Mine is DSG BTW still undecided tho but at least from reading the replies catless are no go which is OK I am planning to keep everything stock except for the catback.

After listening to many suggestions here in YouTube I think the best drone-free catbacks are Unitronic, Magnaflow, Meltik and Borla, am I correct?
The car will be louder at start up for 30 seconds as it runs super rich and at a higher RPM, like having a choke on. I have a resonator delete which made that noticeable, it goes back to being quiet once the revs fall.

As for a DP, you can get ones with a 200 cell sports cat which will soften the noise, but still give you the much needed boost in performance.
Old 04-03-2017, 11:08 AM   #37
damagi123
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG
lol i like that these WHATS THE BEST questions always have 100 answers and its always just "recommend the thing I BOUGHT" and they have no idea what others sound like but they chime in anyway
APR K04 V3.1, APR DSG tune, APR Intake, Uni intercooler, UR Catless Downpipe, W.A.L.K, APR 27mm Front and Rear Sways, ECS Dogbone insert, 034 Subframe Collars, Pedalbox throttle controller, 17" Fujins on Conti DW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Holliday
"You're no daisy. No daisy at all."
damagi123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:20 AM   #38
Kyle805
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2013 White 2-door GTI
Quote:
lol i like that these WHATS THE BEST questions always have 100 answers and its always just "recommend the thing I BOUGHT" and they have no idea what others sound like but they chime in anyway

Gotta love it! Out of all the exhausts I've heard and tried, my favorite is spm or bb. Nice and quiet cruising but a great tone when you get into the gas.

Retired car: 2013 Volkswagen GTI

Top secret project in the making too..
Kyle805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 11:25 AM   #39
Laimface

Quote:
Old 04-03-2017, 11:27 AM   #40
DASVDUB
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
Quote:

Well I watched hundreds of exhaust videos before getting the one (IMO) that is the best sounding to me. So you're going to get a lot of those responses lol.

2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|Borla catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|Mud Flaps|Tiguan H&R lift springs (winter)
DASVDUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 12:21 PM   #41
CarniifeX
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: '14 CW GTI
Unitronic is what you want.

Old 04-03-2017, 01:18 PM   #42
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
because i got replaced :[
Quote:
Quote:
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote