GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EONON GA5153F Review

Turbosharef

Go Kart Newbie
im helping my buddy install this in his 2013 Jetta, we have it all in and working but, he has a factory backup camera installed but when we put it in reverse it shows a black screen, how do we get the factory camera to work with the radio?

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!

Turbosharef

Go Kart Newbie
its a jetta so it doesnt have the pop up camera but it has a handle camera instead. will that converter still work?

Last edited:

BringerOdeath

Ready to race!
its a jetta so it doesnt have the pop up camera but it has a handle camera instead. will that converter still work?

It should as that converts the RGB signal and the connector to work with the eonon. You wouldn't even be able to connect the oem camera to the eonon as the VW oem connector doesnt exist on the eonon head unit.

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
My rear view camera isn't workin, I had the previous gen head unit hooked up and worked flawlessly . The rvc input is in the "cam in" input.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Russellvw21, no worry we will try our best to help you. Please kindly tell us your Email, order No. or serial No. of the unit, we will help you further, thanks!

im helping my buddy install this in his 2013 Jetta, we have it all in and working but, he has a factory backup camera installed but when we put it in reverse it shows a black screen, how do we get the factory camera to work with the radio?

Hi Turbosharef, what BringerOdeath said is totally right! You'll have to use a converter to make the factory camera work with Eonon unit, thanks! ;)

Turbosharef

Go Kart Newbie
It should as that converts the RGB signal and the connector to work with the eonon. You wouldn't even be able to connect the oem camera to the eonon as the VW oem connector doesnt exist on the eonon head unit.

awesome, ordered one from ebay, hopefully it works! I appreciate the help

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Funny how this review thread turned into "What's wrong with your Eonon head unit today?" I'm running the GA5153F and it looks great, most things work, I can't format an sd card, when I put one in and try to format it, it doesn't work, only works when I have music on the card. When I go to download something it says I have no storage space. It comes with an aux app that doesn't work, although Bluetooth, wifi and hotspot work. Can't complain for $300 I guess. I will say that customer service even if they take a day to respond are sort of helpful.

DELETE

Autocross Champion
For the money, this unit if it works for you, which for me it does what it should, it's cool but once you realize you don't use half of the stuff because you don't have unlimited data to tether off of and the manufacturer doesn't suggest updating it, you end up looking elsewhere. Sucks because it actually looks great and is easy to install. It's a win some lose some on this one for me at least. Plus the time it takes the company to respond being that they're on the other side of the pond makes it a hassle to communicate and troubleshoot.

This.

Stinger

Ready to race!
Hi Stinger, could you please take a short video to show us the problem? It will be helpful for our technician to analyze your problem and help you faster. Video can be sent on this site easily: https://www.sendspace.com/.
Your great help will be much appreciated and hope to hear from you soon.
And you have GA5153F. Is that right? Tks

Sorry, I keep forgetting.. When it happens I take my phone out and...it works. But I can confirm that I do get this issue from time to time.

I will send video!

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Funny how this review thread turned into "What's wrong with your Eonon head unit today?" I'm running the GA5153F and it looks great, most things work, I can't format an sd card, when I put one in and try to format it, it doesn't work, only works when I have music on the card. When I go to download something it says I have no storage space. It comes with an aux app that doesn't work, although Bluetooth, wifi and hotspot work. Can't complain for $300 I guess. I will say that customer service even if they take a day to respond are sort of helpful.

Hi notovicrious, this thread is quite useful for everyone here no matter in which aspect. ;) For your SD card issue, you can try to format it on your computer to have a try.

About the storage, maybe it's nearly reach to 1GB storage which allocated for the Apps. You can uninstall some Apps and reinstall new ones to try.

For the AUX, please check if your AUX wire is connected correctly and if there's an AUX device connected. Thanks!

Sorry, I keep forgetting.. When it happens I take my phone out and...it works. But I can confirm that I do get this issue from time to time.

I will send video!

Hi Stinger, thanks for your patience. Just send me a message when you're ready, thanks!

VDubGTI12

Passed Driver's Ed
Hello,
I have read this thread, and am strongly leaning towards getting the new unit, GA7153.
However, I just wanted to know if it supports DynAudio? I really like the sound.

Thank you in advance!

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion

DELETE

Autocross Champion
Hi notovicrious, this thread is quite useful for everyone here no matter in which aspect. ;) For your SD card issue, you can try to format it on your computer to have a try.

About the storage, maybe it's nearly reach to 1GB storage which allocated for the Apps. You can uninstall some Apps and reinstall new ones to try.

For the AUX, please check if your AUX wire is connected correctly and if there's an AUX device connected. Thanks!

Hi Stinger, thanks for your patience. Just send me a message when you're ready, thanks!

It's like Eonon doesn't have an English speaking rep but instead copy pastes everything into google translate and then an automatic response is given.

In response to your responses EONON,

My SD card is fine, I already have music on it which the car reads and plays just fine. It's when I try to use it as the main location for data such as apps it doesn't work. I am aware that the unit without a card has only 1 GB of storage which I knew when I bought it. I don't want to delete the apps I use to "try" other apps lol. I want the unit to realize my SD card and store apps on there.

Lol, I'm positive my aux cord works as it did perfectly before the unit was installed, I've tried brand new ones as well and I'm positive my cell phone performs in a proper manner. I plug the aux in and hit the aux app on the unit and nothing happens. Soooo...

herburger

My SD card is fine, I already have music on it which the car reads and plays just fine. It's when I try to use it as the main location for data such as apps it doesn't work. I am aware that the unit without a card has only 1 GB of storage which I knew when I bought it. I don't want to delete the apps I use to "try" other apps lol. I want the unit to realize my SD card and store apps on there.

It seems in Android, not all apps can be installed to SD card directly. On my unit, I can only move "some" apps to the Internal SD storage which is 12gb - I can only do this after installing an app from the Play Store into the Internal Storage (1GB). The rest of the flash space is taken up by the OS and other files.

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
notovicrious, as herburger mentioned, not all the APPs can be installed in a SD card, thanks, it depends on the APP characteristics itself. Thanks.
We never use Google translator, sorry if our English is not as native as you guys. Hope at least there's no barrier for understanding. Maybe you could teach us more if you like. LOL. Thanks.

Last edited: