GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
I currently have the RNS-315 with two Alpine amplifiers.. I'm curious if this would still be straight plug and play.. Also is that the mic on the bottom left row or does it use the factory overhead mic.. Interested in hands free call quality as well.

Oh one more thing.. Is the Bluetooth built in or would I need the separate module?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Bluetooth and Mic is built in, the phone quality is ok. I'm not sure how its goes with the aftermarket amps tho

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
Bluetooth and Mic is built in, the phone quality is ok. I'm not sure how its goes with the aftermarket amps tho

I'll let you know in the next few weeks.. Just pulled the trigger.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I currently have the RNS-315 with two Alpine amplifiers.. I'm curious if this would still be straight plug and play.. Also is that the mic on the bottom left row or does it use the factory overhead mic.. Interested in hands free call quality as well.

Oh one more thing.. Is the Bluetooth built in or would I need the separate module?

I also have a JL Cleansweep, a 4 channel amp for all of the door speakers (which are Alpine Components) and a single channel amp for the sub. So we should be figuring all of this out around the same time!

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
How does the backup camera work with it? I have the OEM camera and I'm not seeing any port for the 26 pin connector unless I'm majorly missing something?

You would have to buy the new OEM one, can be bought online for $20 with the unit.

I got mine for $200 with the RVC and shipping included. The seller also offered Group shipping if you guys wanted to organize a group buy.

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
I'll let you know in the next few weeks.. Just pulled the trigger.

awesome! Let us know if you guys figure something out.

I am assuming what ever workaround you do, will also work with the Fender audio amps.

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
You would have to buy the new OEM one, can be bought online for $20 with the unit.

I got mine for $200 with the RVC and shipping included. The seller also offered Group shipping if you guys wanted to organize a group buy.

You don't have to buy a new one, he already has OEM camera so I don't think he want to go through all the hassle to get it wired again. There are adapter which can lets you change from 26 pin to yellow AV output, and another adapter from yellow AV to the new MK7 RVC plug.

Like this :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-Volkswagen-Original-Camera-Video-Decoder-Adaptor-Aftermarket-Stereo-Reversing-/172302245822?hash=item281e039fbe:g:hr8AAOSwDmBY3jN~

To this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIB-RCD330-Rear-View-Camera-RVC-Cable-Adaptor-For-Volkswagen-Jetta-Passat-Tiguan-/282157296614?hash=item41b1e2abe6:g:D4IAAOSwFV9XyAdq&vxp=mtr

jontalk

Ready to race!
Just to chime in.

Has this installed in our Jetta and it is leaps and bounds better than the old RCD-510 or RNS-315.

It is capacitive touch so the feel is just amazing. The UI is also so much nicer and modern. The bluetooth functionality is much better. The larger screen is also nice and the rearview camera looks awesome on it.

Only downside is no MFD display or upgraded audio.

If you have a RCD-310,RCD-510, RNS-315. I would say it is a no brainer upgrade. The RNS-510 might be worth keeping if you really need NAV.

"Only downside is no MFD display or upgraded audio"...Does this mean it doesn't sound any better than stock? The ONLY reason I want to upgrade is for a better sounding HU along with CD changer, touch screen and Bluetooth ability which the Premium 7 has neither. For some odd reason my car has the 9w2 Bluetooth module under the passenger seat but I can't use it because of the entry level head unit. Thanks

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
"Only downside is no MFD display or upgraded audio"...Does this mean it doesn't sound any better than stock? The ONLY reason I want to upgrade is for a better sounding HU along with CD changer, touch screen and Bluetooth ability which the Premium 7 has neither. For some odd reason my car has the 9w2 Bluetooth module under the passenger seat but I can't use it because of the entry level head unit. Thanks
Yes, no MFD display. The audio quality is probably about the same as RCD510. BTW this unit does not have CD changer.

Mr_Dog

Ready to race!
You don't have to buy a new one, he already has OEM camera so I don't think he want to go through all the hassle to get it wired again. There are adapter which can lets you change from 26 pin to yellow AV output, and another adapter from yellow AV to the new MK7 RVC plug.

Like this :
http://www.ebay.com/itm/VW-Volkswag...245822?hash=item281e039fbe:g:hr8AAOSwDmBY3jN~

To this:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MIB-RCD330-...ash=item41b1e2abe6:g:D4IAAOSwFV9XyAdq&vxp=mtr

Oh nice, did not know that but still might be worth rewiring.
It is not to much of a hassel, maybe an hour or 2.

Considering the new one is $20. You can probably sell the old one for $50-$80. Instead of spending $60 for the adapters.

vwgti2.0t

Go Kart Champion
I bought the adapter at the same time I bought the HU. I figured I already needed to RCA cable even if my camera doesn't work, and the adapter was $6 from Fakra to RCA. If the adapter doesn't work I'll just buy another camera.

I bought this one.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281893709985?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

And the Yellow RCA to the MK7 style unit comes with the radio according to the description, so I didn't need to buy that one!

Coogie

Ready to race!
I've got the RNS-510 (Nav) with Bluetooth, XM radio, and DynaAudio. Steering controls too, but guessing that is standard. Would really like Apple CarPlay, but is there anything out there that will retain all these features?

Last edited:

mr wrong

Drag Racing Champion
It's just an RCA video cable out. You should be able to literally use any cheap camera from wherever. You can buy a backup cam off ebay for like 10 bucks.

What about this one? Looks like it just replaces one of the license plate lights

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Waterproof-...685727?hash=item5689d5ec5f:g:YVUAAOSw0kNXg4Df