GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 07-22-2016, 07:06 PM   #547
Brunkel
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2013 UGM GTI; 6-speed manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioMK6 View Post
I ended up getting the SB Stage 2 Daily and your review of the clutch is exactly how it is for me too. Gear lash seems to have gotten better (or I've gotten used to it ) and my shifts are much quicker with the SMFW. Hope it lasts me a long time!

Yeah dude! Glad you're happy with it. I still love mine! And holds power like a CHAMP! Gear lash has gone down as well, especially when the A/C is off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-22-2016, 07:21 PM   #548
Brunkel
Formula 5000 Champion

So after a lot of thinking, I have calmed down from the excitement of going K04 and am thinking about heading a different direction. I have decided to take it easy on the car mods and finish it up with a few small cosmetic tweaks: side skirts, front lip, and maaaaaayyyyybe wheels if the funds are there. When comparing the cost of K04 and a FMIC to other areas I could spread the funds to it was pretty clear what I needed to do. SO, I will be putting that money I had planned for K04 into more of my musical career goals and savings. Crazy things happen once you turn 30...making adult decisions now apparently

My Unitronic Stage 2 power still makes me giggle when it really pulls so for now that's good enough for me. I have yet to drive a K04 GTI so I can't speak to the fact if it's worth a $3,000 upgrade or not (I still hope to drive one soon to really see the difference), but for now investing in more music gear is the right call for me!
Old 10-27-2016, 09:22 PM   #549
Brunkel
Formula 5000 Champion

UPDATES.

So I had a CEL pop up about a month ago. Scanned with Vagcom and it was a p2400 "leak detection pump failure." I waited about a week and the light went off. Sweet.

A couple weeks later it came back on. Same code, plus about 4 other engine fault codes, so I finally brought it to my shop. They replaced the leak detection pump but that didn't fix it. So they pulled that back out and did some further diagnostics to determine my ECU is starting to fail.

I'm Unitronic Stage 2 and I got my tune done before they had port tuning so I'm sure that had something to do with it. The shop's quote for a new ECU and labor was $1800 so I called Unitronic and spoke with John and he was VERY HELPFUL! He laid out the different options I had and I was very glad to hear there were some options. There's the immobilizer defeat option, but since my ECU is still responding there is another option to repair it using a used ECU.

So, I'm in the market to find another ECU ASAP! Then I will mail both of them to Unitronic and they will repair it AND transfer my tune back on it. Very impressed with their service!
Old 10-27-2016, 09:46 PM   #550
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 MK6
I have an ECU for sale.
Instagram:@becauseHYDE16
YouTube: HYDE16
HYDE16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:37 PM   #551
jay745
Mod Flanders

Drives: 2013 CW GTI Wolfsburg (racecar)
Oh damn Ben and that sucks! I've had my ecu cracked open twice. Makes me nervous hearing about yours. Nice to see uni is helping you. Good luck!
jay745 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:39 PM   #552
Jaber
Modero

Drives: 2013 GTI
Sucks about the ECU, but good to see you're getting help.

#TEAMMINIVAN - BBRT, Banana Bread Racing Team
Jaber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 10:22 AM   #553
Brunkel
Formula 5000 Champion

Not too much going on for this summer. Saving for a wedding

But, I am planning on changing up my summer wheel setup and maybe some side skirts and a front lip. I'm done with performance upgrades for my car so just a couple cosmetic things here and there most likely.

Ordering these today...

Now it's just finding the right size Pilot Super Sports...

These are the VMR V718's 18x8.5

Debating between 225/40 and 235/40. I never go super low and am on ST Coilovers. I may switch to Konis at some point. Once again, I'm not going super low.

Any thoughts on what tire size is best? I'll need to order ASAP to get the current sale on tirerack!