GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
ChiChat16: Roy Gets Blast Pipes - Still Screams "Get Off My Lawn" At Other Burbs Kids

Holy crap is that Golf price legit?

Might be worth trading in the GTI for that kind of money.

Vw is offering 5000 dollar rebates on the "new" 2015 tdis plus 0%for 72 months. Anything above the 5000 off msrp you'd need to negotiate w the dealer, but we're talking three year old cars so clearly some dealers are ready to move on price.

Might go test drive one tonight with a buddy who is interested but I'm not sure I'll be able to get over the power difference and lack of equipment compared to the R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Vw is offering 5000 dollar rebates on the "new" 2015 tdis plus 0%for 72 months. Anything above the 5000 off msrp you'd need to negotiate w the dealer, but we're talking three year old cars so clearly some dealers are ready to move on price.

Might go test drive one tonight with a buddy who is interested but I'm not sure I'll be able to get over the power difference and lack of equipment compared to the R.

If the power curve is anything like the 3.0TDI I have, it'll all be in how you drive it.

Floor it in "Drive" and you won't be all that impressed, as it'll wind up to redline and shift there. Most of the "wow" factor with the power comes in the low- and mid-range... and especially at part throttle.

For my 3.0... I put the trans in "manual" mode, floor it from a stop, and instantly click the upshift button twice. That has it shift out of first just over 3k, again out of 2nd right around 3k, then 3rd it's really able to use the torque.

Playing around with my G-Tech, I was able to average 7.2s 0-60 by leaving it in "D", and 6.7s by shifting manually (and shifting early).

Of course the fuel mileage is awesome too.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Didn't know Chrysler 300's came with v8's. Beat him anyways haha. It was close but I pulled like 1/4car on him. Raced from a dead stop. CSB

TSI_Guy

Go Kart Champion
Bought a new handgun yesterday. A Sig Sauer P938, love this little thing so far. Got the SAS model so it's "de-horned".

It's a pocket sized 1911 that shoots 9mm, freaking awesome. Came with a 7 round magazine that has a pinky extension so you can get a pretty good grip on it. I was going to pick up a shield, but I think I made the right choice with this Sig.

TLDR; #GUNZ

Jaber

Modero
Bought a new handgun yesterday. A Sig Sauer P938, love this little thing so far. Got the SAS model so it's "de-horned".

It's a pocket sized 1911 that shoots 9mm, freaking awesome. Came with a 7 round magazine that has a pinky extension so you can get a pretty good grip on it. I was going to pick up a shield, but I think I made the right choice with this Sig.

TLDR; #GUNZ

In4Pics.

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
If the power curve is anything like the 3.0TDI I have, it'll all be in how you drive it.

Floor it in "Drive" and you won't be all that impressed, as it'll wind up to redline and shift there. Most of the "wow" factor with the power comes in the low- and mid-range... and especially at part throttle.

For my 3.0... I put the trans in "manual" mode, floor it from a stop, and instantly click the upshift button twice. That has it shift out of first just over 3k, again out of 2nd right around 3k, then 3rd it's really able to use the torque.

Playing around with my G-Tech, I was able to average 7.2s 0-60 by leaving it in "D", and 6.7s by shifting manually (and shifting early).

Of course the fuel mileage is awesome too.

We test drove the TDI jetta a couple years ago. Not bad for a daily imo. Plenty of pep and nice car inside.

TLDR; #GUNZ

Whoa. Those are like $700. Beautiful looking gun though, I am jealous. My M&P 22 Compact came in last week. Broke it in Monday. FUN little gun to shoot and CHEAP too! 300 rounds and I was out like $20 in ammo.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do

TLDR; #GUNZ

I have a p229 SAS. It was the first gun I ever bought. I like it for the most part

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
So not sure if you guys remember my driveway saga, but they finally came and fixed it yesterday.

1) I don't believe they got it inspected prior to pour, despite me telling them that it had to.
2) I watched them on my video from work and they put a layer of stone down. They did not disturb too much under the old stuff, but they did not re-compact it. Not sure if that will be an issue.
3) Their repair to the shed pad I am unsure of. I mean I guess it works, but now I have to figure out how to make it not look like horse shit.
4) Water appears to drain properly now. Got some rain last night. Small spot that holds but nothing like before.

Before:

After:

Before, showing how the water was supposed to drain:

They poured apron too wide for village:

After

bart2278

Go Kart Champion

TLDR; #GUNZ

I have been carrying a P250 around since 2011. Going to jump the boat and go with a cz p-10 when the finally ship some over. Great firearms though.

Sanderzzz

Go Kart Champion
Holding off on any pistol purchase until I move from MD to FL in September. Did get my CCL in January though so that part is done at least

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Settling in to the new (old) gig.

So far... so good.

Talked 'em into getting me a Mac to use as part of my negotiation. 15" MBP, also a nice 27" monitor.... this'll do for now. Love the smell of new electronics.

Attachments

• IMG_2215.JPG
    IMG_2215.JPG
    225.1 KB · Views: 68
Status
Not open for further replies.