GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

Done. Touchless wash tonight, hand wash tomorrow. Amazing how much better it looks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
Dynoed the car at boomba today. He didn't run the car past 6100 for some reason but still good numbers for an awd mustang dyno.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
^not bad! whats done to yours? its a '16 R?

DASVDUB - if you want more turbo noise just pull your hood blanket. HUGE difference. To the point where I can hear the whole 'shh-tshh-tshh-tshh-tshh-tshh-tsh-tsh every time i let off the gas vs almost never with the blanket on

Removing the hood cowl grommet strip also opens up a whole world of noise (including the diesel sounding valvetrain noise lol) but the aerodynamics are actually affected as well as under hood cooling apparently

Fastlax16

Autocross Newbie
ChiChat16: 4/20 Not Mentioned At All - Townspeople Rejoice By Not Getting Stoned

DASVDUB - if you want more turbo noise just pull your hood blanket. HUGE difference. To the point where I can hear the whole 'shh-tshh-tshh-tshh-tshh-tshh-tsh-tsh every time i let off the gas vs almost never with the blanket on

Removing the hood cowl grommet strip also opens up a whole world of noise (including the diesel sounding valvetrain noise lol) but the aerodynamics are actually affected as well as under hood cooling apparently

Yup 16 R. Jb4-downpipe-intake-intercooler-rsr clutch.

Sleeve clamp slipped off the exhaust between the downpipe and the firs tresonator. Almost went deaf driving it.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion

That's been off the car since last summer lol. Mine fell apart. You wouldn't believe how loud my exhaust is lol.

DanJoy

Ready to race!
The epic deli thing? Not sure because my gf got a concussion today. Trying to figure out if that frees me up or ties me down for the day

Mike, the guy with the RS and I are hitting up cars and coffee and then cruising to the epic deli get together after. Head injury makes me think your day is probably accounted for.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
That's been off the car since last summer lol. Mine fell apart. You wouldn't believe how loud my exhaust is lol.

Ah thats the problem. Loud exhaust comes at the tradeoff of beautiful boost noises. Should have just gutted your stock muffler ;)

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Ah thats the problem. Loud exhaust comes at the tradeoff of beautiful boost noises. Should have just gutted your stock muffler ;)

Yup and I realize that. But my first gear is no longer shit. It was worth the headache for that alone. Traffic jams sucked lol. And my exhaust is my favorite mod lol. Had I known that was a thing and could've saved money, but I would've swapped it out at one point lol.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Also, never realized how pathetic the stock turbo outlet pipe is til I looked at it this weekend. That's next on the list lol.

Jaber

Modero
Also, never realized how pathetic the stock turbo outlet pipe is til I looked at it this weekend. That's next on the list lol.

Should snatch up the one that's FS on here from Awe, it's one for aftermarket hoses that eliminates the stupid clip and o ring. Awe doesn't make it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.