GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2017, 09:22 PM   #15
gtimk6spd
Autocross Champion
 
gtimk6spd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GTI 2 door 6 speed
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Washington
Posts: 102
Got up to the drag strip. Did awful. Couldn't get into the gears for some reason, and was too throttle happy in 1st and 2nd. No cars near my class to race, only went up against some camaro's and other old muscle cars. Lost every single time haha.

Best was (unfortunately)
2.476 60 ft
9.302 594 ft
9.873 1/8 mile
78.80 mph
14.867 1/4 mile
87.17 mph
__________________
2010 GTI 6MT CW 2 DR | APR Stage 2 | APR DP | APR Cabonio Intake | APR Catch Can | APR Pendulum | WaveTrac LSD | Southbend Stage 2 Daily | DieselGeek Sigma 6 | AWE Catback DBT | Neuspeed Hi-Flo | ARM FMIC | ARM TOP | NewSouth Boost Gauge | 034 Dogbone | 034 Subframe | TyrolSport Master Bracket | "R8" Coils
gtimk6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2017, 11:41 PM   #16
WeekendWarriorz
Touring Car Champion
 
WeekendWarriorz's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Z4M
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtimk6spd View Post
Got up to the drag strip. Did awful. Couldn't get into the gears for some reason, and was too throttle happy in 1st and 2nd. No cars near my class to race, only went up against some camaro's and other old muscle cars. Lost every single time haha.

Best was (unfortunately)
2.476 60 ft
9.302 594 ft
9.873 1/8 mile
78.80 mph
14.867 1/4 mile
87.17 mph
You trapped 87.17 in the quarter mile!?!?
__________________
- 12' MK6 DSG, Cobb Stage 2/Stratified E30 E-tune |Raceland Downpipe/Resontator Delete | Custom Intake | GFB DV+| DSG |

-2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster 6MT |FBO+E85| BBS RS-GT | VF-engineering |
-2011 BMW 335i X-Drive |FBO+E85| MHD Stage 2+ E30|
WeekendWarriorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:02 AM   #17
gtimk6spd
Autocross Champion
 
gtimk6spd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GTI 2 door 6 speed
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Washington
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
You trapped 87.17 in the quarter mile!?!?
And somehow that was my fastest time. My other traps were around 98-100 mph but were 15.xx second runs.

I've never dragged a fwd car before just rwd and awd. Everything I've done with fwd has been a roll race.

But it's slow and I know I need some serious practice.
__________________
2010 GTI 6MT CW 2 DR | APR Stage 2 | APR DP | APR Cabonio Intake | APR Catch Can | APR Pendulum | WaveTrac LSD | Southbend Stage 2 Daily | DieselGeek Sigma 6 | AWE Catback DBT | Neuspeed Hi-Flo | ARM FMIC | ARM TOP | NewSouth Boost Gauge | 034 Dogbone | 034 Subframe | TyrolSport Master Bracket | "R8" Coils
gtimk6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:05 AM   #18
WeekendWarriorz
Touring Car Champion
 
WeekendWarriorz's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW Z4M
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Anaheim Hills, CA
Posts: 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtimk6spd View Post
And somehow that was my fastest time. My other traps were around 98-100 mph but were 15.xx second runs.

I've never dragged a fwd car before just rwd and awd. Everything I've done with fwd has been a roll race.

But it's slow and I know I need some serious practice.
I think you need new tires ASAP and to practice your launch. Also lower the psi in the front. I'd expect a car with your mods to run around 13.5-14.0 and trap around 104-106mph
__________________
- 12' MK6 DSG, Cobb Stage 2/Stratified E30 E-tune |Raceland Downpipe/Resontator Delete | Custom Intake | GFB DV+| DSG |

-2006 BMW Z4 M Roadster 6MT |FBO+E85| BBS RS-GT | VF-engineering |
-2011 BMW 335i X-Drive |FBO+E85| MHD Stage 2+ E30|
WeekendWarriorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 12:09 AM   #19
gtimk6spd
Autocross Champion
 
gtimk6spd's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 GTI 2 door 6 speed
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Washington
Posts: 102
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeekendWarriorz View Post
I think you need new tires ASAP and to practice your launch. Also lower the psi in the front. I'd expect a car with your mods to run around 13.5-14.0 and trap around 104-106mph
Sad thing is I have some Pilot SS with less than 5k miles on them. It's definitely my launch and then some issues shifting. Never felt so bad at driving my car haha.

Next time hopefully I have more than 30 minutes to run. The dragstrip I went to closed early due to rain and lack of attendance.

I'll shoot for high 13s next time. I'll work on my launch and throttle control in the first two gears.
__________________
2010 GTI 6MT CW 2 DR | APR Stage 2 | APR DP | APR Cabonio Intake | APR Catch Can | APR Pendulum | WaveTrac LSD | Southbend Stage 2 Daily | DieselGeek Sigma 6 | AWE Catback DBT | Neuspeed Hi-Flo | ARM FMIC | ARM TOP | NewSouth Boost Gauge | 034 Dogbone | 034 Subframe | TyrolSport Master Bracket | "R8" Coils
gtimk6spd is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.