GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

brobst's road to k04- 13' CSG 6MT

brobst

Go Kart Champion
The k04 is here. With the big boy port and polish and ceramic coating. Also new seals and wheel balanced.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

brobst

Go Kart Champion
18 hours later, and the turbo is in. Followed Grambles install thread mostly but there were some discrepancies or updated needed either typo or MY difference. Only 2 major hiccups in addition to the ecs turbo install kit seeming to be missing some parts. Had to end up reusing some washers. Kinda hated to do that.
Flashed it with Eurodyne k04 software.
We were able to manage the coolant leaks and fix them. No oil leaks. I think it be ok. Going to go easy on it next few days to let ceramic coating cure and monitor fluids. But I can finally say k04. Wish I was able to take photos, but I was just too busy under the car. Shoutout to my local buddies helping me with the install.
??

Oil change liquid moly 44400
Ngk platinum spark plugs 8 heat range
Unitronic dv relocation

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Thanks man. Southeast A2 area. Car is almost done. Charge pipe and catch can this weekend. Then just some cosmetic cleanups and summer times. I'll be straight until I decide to upgrade the brakes or get 3 piece rims

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Boost tested today 25psi. There was not any leak. Time to test dv and wastegate.
Dv checked out as well.
--------------
Edit May 31st. got a new file.
Bro, the old file was...like 50% strange. I was given another file and I do not have this issue anymore lol. I think I had an fsi file...:mad:

New file log looks like 2x better.[emoji106]
http://datazap.me/u/brobst101/sam-re...s?log=1&data=1

-------------------
New tires installed today. Hankook Ventus V12. June 1st 2017. First experience with summer tires. I understand the hype now. They all sticky. Wheel dirty I know lol.

-----------------------

Last edited:

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Cabin filter change 44000miles. Ac clean once that gets here

Intake filter 44219 miles.
6/12/17

Last edited:

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Got this fluidampr installed now. 45380 miles.
The oem+ mod. That's my car in the picture.

Also got new timing chain and tensioner. Long story lol, but its done and updated.

Last edited:

brobst

Go Kart Champion
It helps with the smfw chatter with the ac, give a little hp up top, smooths out some engagement feel. Its kinda a last mod and not a first mod to do