GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 05-19-2017, 10:53 AM   #771
riceburner
FIA GT Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI DSG / K04
Nice updates! I bought the other seat tray which is funny. Doesnt seem like the holt holes line up under my driver seat. Does the trays flange sit above or below where it bolts into the seat?

Also love the red pinstripe on your interior dash trim. I may have to copy that. Haha. Where did you get the hvac knobs?
Old 05-19-2017, 12:03 PM   #772
GoodTimesIndeed
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI 2Dr DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by *****2.0t View Post
Car looks great Justin!
Thanks man! Been following your updates as well. Can't WAIT to hear that exhaust cutout and big turbo scream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by riceburner View Post
Nice updates! I bought the other seat tray which is funny. Doesnt seem like the holt holes line up under my driver seat. Does the trays flange sit above or below where it bolts into the seat?

Also love the red pinstripe on your interior dash trim. I may have to copy that. Haha. Where did you get the hvac knobs?
HAHA, was a pretty good deal on those trays (good seller too). There are SO many holes under the seat you just have to be patient to find the right ones that line up. I think from start to finish the passenger side install took about 10 minutes to do.

Not exactly sure what you mean by "the trays flange". The drawer itself almost sticks out in front of the seat, not under it. Did you check out the install video that ECS has posted? EDIT - Forgot I took some pics when I did my driverside a while back. Maybe these will help.

The red pinstripe on the dash was done a long time ago, was like one of my first interior mods. Its the result of being bored + having a roll of red pinstripe + drinking beer. I really like the look of it and it pulls some of the red exterior accents into the interior. It has held up really well so far too.

The HVAC knobs were purchased on aliexpress. They were originally like a burgandy color though so I resprayed them a red that better matched. Also drilled a little hole in the face of them so that the LED light of the original knob shines through. That way whether day or night, I can tell what setting everything is at.
APR K04 / DP w/m injection / Custom Intake / Eurojet turboback / Neuspeed FMIC / IC sprayer / FSB-RSB / Endlinks / 034 Mounts / HPA 75A / AWE TOP / BSH TBP / ECS Catch Can / Solo Werks / Centric rotors / StopTech pads / Tyrolsport / Powerflex Bushings & A.L.K. / Stern Brace / Eurosport Strut Brace & Rear XB / TCR-II System / Misc Interior & Exterior Mods / Build Thread / My flickr

Last edited by GoodTimesIndeed; 05-19-2017 at 04:50 PM.
GoodTimesIndeed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2017, 03:09 PM   #773
GoodTimesIndeed
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI 2Dr DSG
Had to share a cool shot that was taken of my car at the meet this weekend.

Photo credit: Tony Watson

Small turnout once again but had a good time. Had a wth moment on the way there. Car threw a solid CEL on the drive there. After messing with my torque app trying to get it to connect for like 20 min (new phone) found out it was "bank 1 too lean" code. Started the car (sounded like it had a big cam LOL) and listened around in the bay and started checking connections and stuff. Turns out a little rubber cap that covers the unused nipple on the intake manifold had split and was causing the issue. Luckily the meet was at a euro shop and they had something to remedy the situation. All good once again!
APR K04 / DP w/m injection / Custom Intake / Eurojet turboback / Neuspeed FMIC / IC sprayer / FSB-RSB / Endlinks / 034 Mounts / HPA 75A / AWE TOP / BSH TBP / ECS Catch Can / Solo Werks / Centric rotors / StopTech pads / Tyrolsport / Powerflex Bushings & A.L.K. / Stern Brace / Eurosport Strut Brace & Rear XB / TCR-II System / Misc Interior & Exterior Mods / Build Thread / My flickr
GoodTimesIndeed is online now   Reply With Quote