GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 03-27-2017, 05:53 PM   #323
shdwblugti
GolfMK6 Elite

Drives: 2016 non DSGhey R
TheDudeStill4live
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgarcia1925 View Post
The elite and smart ones don't get fucked. Us plebeians do........... Thanks Obama!
shdwblugti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 05:57 PM   #324
thedude4bides
Formula 1 Driver

Drives: '12 Golf R
Quote:
Originally Posted by shdwblugti View Post
TheDudeStill4live
thedude4bides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2017, 04:30 PM   #325
thedude4bides
Formula 1 Driver

It's been so long since I installed the 42dd shifter endlinks that I totally forgot about the copper washers they provide for the s2s lever. I was only reminded when recently helping a friend who wanted to tighten up his shifting in his mk7 GTI and sent him a link to the product.

Out of curiosity I checked to see if I had them in and confirmed my suspicions that I don't. I did note there is a little play with the end link. I am guessing that they are more for the plastic oem s2s lever and that they didn't fit on the metal lever I'm using now or who the hell knows. Anyway, I found a washer and put it in to fill in the little space and what do you know? Shifting did tighten up a hair! Sweet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-11-2017, 04:14 PM   #326
thedude4bides
Formula 1 Driver

Lock latch on the hatch failed on me last week and wouldn't stay closed. Thought I may be able to tinker with it and fix but I've been unsuccessful in open this little guy up to see what's going on.

Ordered new part from Amazon for $50 overnighted to me. Part number 5K0-827-505-A-9B9

Install was super easy. Dealer wanted $138 for the part so probably $200+ for them to install for you.

Anyway, hatch is back to the way it should be

Last edited by thedude4bides; 05-12-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:42 PM   #327
thedude4bides
Formula 1 Driver

I've been curious about these things for years. I've seen a few scattered threads out there where OP would be so excited and claim they should have done it long ago only to get blasted for wasting money on a useless gimmicky product. I could sort of see the logic why people would be so hostile towards a product like this so I finally had to try it for myself.

I went with the Remus Responder. Install was easy and first driving impressions are that this thing is awesome. I've only tried sport mode so far, dialing up and down a few notches to test how it changes the responsiveness of the throttle. I'm really impressed and probably should have done it long ago.

Last edited by thedude4bides; 05-12-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-12-2017, 01:21 PM   #328
thedude4bides
Formula 1 Driver

Wow, I wish I had done this mod a long time ago. The responder really does what it says. Totally improved the driving experience. I find that it's good practice to switch from Sport to Eco on the highways as it's super easy to look down and see you are doing 90 in Sport
Old 05-28-2017, 08:49 PM   #329
Espinafre
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2014 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude4bides View Post
Wow, I wish I had done this mod a long time ago. The responder really does what it says. Totally improved the driving experience. I find that it's good practice to switch from Sport to Eco on the highways as it's super easy to look down and see you are doing 90 in Sport
Very intrigued by these...

Are you still as impressed with the improved driving experience as you were when you first installed it? Which other ones did you look into besides the Remus Responder? Also, do you mind sharing where you ordered it from and the cost?

Espinafre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 02:20 PM   #330
thedude4bides
Formula 1 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espinafre View Post
Very intrigued by these...

Are you still as impressed with the improved driving experience as you were when you first installed it? Which other ones did you look into besides the Remus Responder? Also, do you mind sharing where you ordered it from and the cost?

Yeah, I mean the wow-factor was pretty high at first. It's calmed down a bit (like with every mod) but I'm still very happy. I've had time to play with all the settings and it's cool to be able to go from sport on a spirited backroad drive to eco I when on the highway in real time.

I ended up getting it for $225 from Mike the USA rep on vortex. You can find him here:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...a-LIMITED-TIME!

I did consider sprintbooster but it's more expensive and has less adjustability.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:58 PM   #331
Espinafre
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2014 MK6 GTI 6MT CSG
Quote:
Yeah, I mean the wow-factor was pretty high at first. It's calmed down a bit (like with every mod) but I'm still very happy. I've had time to play with all the settings and it's cool to be able to go from sport on a spirited backroad drive to eco I when on the highway in real time.

I ended up getting it for $225 from Mike the USA rep on vortex. You can find him here:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...a-LIMITED-TIME!

I did consider sprintbooster but it's more expensive and has less adjustability.
Thanks for the feedback. I just pulled the trigger. $213 Memorial Day special.
Espinafre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 03:43 PM   #332
thedude4bides
Formula 1 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by *****2.0t View Post
Be careful doing this. I did the same and once the sticky part of the tape gets into the door latch it ends up screwing the latch up. I had two door latches fail because of the tape. Fail as in the door wouldn't latch anymore and everytime I closed the door I'd have to beat on the latch and slam the door to get it to close
Jinxed me dude

Turns out my door latch is failing... what's funny is that it's actually not even the door I taped.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:02 PM   #333
thedude4bides
Formula 1 Driver

So I went ahead and replaced the door latch. Part #5K1837015E

I coulda gotten it for $130 from amazon but I needed it right away so I grabbed from the dealer for $170... I was getting tired of using the passenger door to get in my car and climbing over the center console

Works flawlessly now and all again is well in the world of Dude

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-02-2017, 12:07 PM   #334
2013R
FIA Formula 1 Champion

Drives: 2015 Subaru WRX
Quote:
I've been curious about these things for years. I've seen a few scattered threads out there where OP would be so excited and claim they should have done it long ago only to get blasted for wasting money on a useless gimmicky product. I could sort of see the logic why people would be so hostile towards a product like this so I finally had to try it for myself.

I went with the Remus Responder. Install was easy and first driving impressions are that this thing is awesome. I've only tried sport mode so far, dialing up and down a few notches to test how it changes the responsiveness of the throttle. I'm really impressed and probably should have done it long ago.
huge topic in subaru world regarding all our custom e-tunes. Most people want to get rid of the very advanced throttle the cars have stock, and they go with linear throttle. I am the odd one, and i instruct my tuners to leave it very sensitive, sort of replicating what this device does.
2013R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:41 PM   #335
thedude4bides
Formula 1 Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013R View Post
huge topic in subaru world regarding all our custom e-tunes. Most people want to get rid of the very advanced throttle the cars have stock, and they go with linear throttle. I am the odd one, and i instruct my tuners to leave it very sensitive, sort of replicating what this device does.
Sup dude! That's funny. But, hey, we like what we like. I also like being able to adjust it on the fly.

Btw- I did use your video to help me pull the door panel off to replace my door latch so thanks for that! Even referenced it in the quick DIY I made here:
http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...ont-door-latch
Old 10-10-2017, 12:44 PM   #336
thedude4bides
Formula 1 Driver

Well it only took 5 month since my trunk latch failed and 4 months since my driver side door latch failed for the passenger side to fail. Yep. All 3 of my latches failed in the last 5 months