GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 03-10-2017, 12:19 PM   #29
zef
Oval Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriggenT View Post
Cobb has always been a bit pricey, but quality is gigs from what I've seen
$1,200 shipped for a TBE is one of the cheapest offerings for the MK6. CTS is about $100 cheaper on sale right now, otherwise you're looking at $1600+ (ECS, 42DD, Miltek, Billy Boat, Corsa, VWR, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelforfire87 View Post
Anyone know where to get the best price on this exhaust?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Buy it right from Cobb honestly. If you buy the DP/CBE together you get it at a discounted price and it's free shipping with UPS ground. They did a good job of packaging it too.
'13 GTI CW 2 DR (DSG) - Eurodyne Stage 2/HPA DSG Tune | Cobb TBE | IE CAI | IE FDS IC | 034 CC | VWR Subframe Pucks | 034 SD Mounts | MSS SPRING KIT (learn more here) | 034 Pendulum Mount | Supaloy Control Arms | B6 Passat Front Spindles | Koni Yellows | RSE10 | more to come! Follow me on Instagram!: jg_gti
zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 12:36 PM   #30
FriggenT
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by zef View Post
$1,200 shipped for a TBE is one of the cheapest offerings for the MK6. CTS is about $100 cheaper on sale right now, otherwise you're looking at $1600+ (ECS, 42DD, Miltek, Billy Boat, Corsa, VWR, etc)

Buy it right from Cobb honestly. If you buy the DP/CBE together you get it at a discounted price and it's free shipping with UPS ground. They did a good job of packaging it too.
I wasn't trying to refer to this particular case, but in the past in my experience, their prices were a bit high. My point is mainly that their quality is very nice...comparing them with cts isn't exactly a badge of honor imo.
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 04:33 PM   #31
fuelforfire87
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2013 Volkswagen GTI APR K04
Yes I agree 1200 is a good price point compared to other brands. For those that have the non-resonated version of the turbo-back, is there any drone? It looks like on Cobb site the resonated version is 1400 and on ECS tuning looks like the non resonated version is 1200.
2013 Red MK6 DSG. APR K04 v3.2. APR DSG tune, Cobb turboback exhaust. Eurojet Intercooler, AWE TOP, ECS TB Pipe, ECS Spherical Dogbone mount and Spulen insert(street). ECS Motor and Tranny mounts. MFactory LSD, ECS Catch Can, Neuspeed RSe12 Wheels, Continental ExtremeContact Sport 235/40R18 Tires.
fuelforfire87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2017, 07:34 PM   #32
fuelforfire87
Autocross Newbie

Also do you think the cobb would be a good upgrade in sound volume compared to the eurojet TBE I currently have? The eurojet is definitely on the quieter side but I do like that there is no drone. I guess I'm looking for an exhaust that will get some attention when you get on it but does not drone while cruising.
2013 Red MK6 DSG. APR K04 v3.2. APR DSG tune, Cobb turboback exhaust. Eurojet Intercooler, AWE TOP, ECS TB Pipe, ECS Spherical Dogbone mount and Spulen insert(street). ECS Motor and Tranny mounts. MFactory LSD, ECS Catch Can, Neuspeed RSe12 Wheels, Continental ExtremeContact Sport 235/40R18 Tires.
Old 03-11-2017, 11:32 AM   #33
JS12
Oval Newbie

Drives: 2012 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuelforfire87 View Post
Yes I agree 1200 is a good price point compared to other brands. For those that have the non-resonated version of the turbo-back, is there any drone? It looks like on Cobb site the resonated version is 1400 and on ECS tuning looks like the non resonated version is 1200.
I wasn't aware that they had a resonated version and would be interested to compare them but $400 for that section is a fairly expensive experiment. I don't notice any drone while cruising with the non-resonated TBE but there can be a bit of it with normal acceleration in higher gears such as accelerating from 65-75 mph in 6th.

I picked up the TBE for $1100 shipped through a dealer where I purchased an eTune. It was drop shipped and was packaged and boxed by COBB. I don't know the pricing rules so if anyone wants to know which dealer, feel free to PM me.
JS12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 09:51 AM   #34
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by zef View Post

You can buy 42DD turbo back for 1065.00.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 04:11 PM   #35
redubbed
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
You can buy 42DD turbo back for 1065.00.
Not for stainless.

I just had my Cobb TBE installed a couple weeks ago, I love it.
redubbed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:47 AM   #36
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by redubbed View Post
Not for stainless.

I just had my Cobb TBE installed a couple weeks ago, I love it.
Dont buy stainless then? its just a pipe that air goes through.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 09:50 PM   #37
fuelforfire87
Autocross Newbie

Ordered the cobb turbo-back from ECS over the weekend and it arrived in the mail today. I am very impressed with the quality and craftsmanship. The welds look amazing. I highly doubt any of the other more expensive exhaust systems are built better. It cost me 1200 and some change with shipping and even though the pictures on ECS show the non-resonated version, they ended up giving me the resonated downpipe. I also noticed that on ECS the price has now increased to $1395 which I believe is the same as ordering from Cobb directly. Will be installing after the the snow is gone and hopefully will try to do a video.
Old 03-16-2017, 08:21 AM   #38
1SIKGTI
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI, 2011 STI, 1987 CRX SI
Got the COBB exhaust for both my gti and sti
Great sound

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
1SIKGTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 11:44 AM   #39
fuelforfire87
Autocross Newbie

Installed my cobb TBE yesterday and everything went smoothly. Hardest part is tightening the top 2 bolts where the downpipe attaches to the turbo. Took it out for a test drive and it sounds great. Definitely louder and more aggressive sounding at WOT than my previous exhaust (Eurojet), and still no drone on the highway. My only complaint is that the passenger side tailpipe sticks out farther than the driver side. I don't think this can really be adjusted due to the flange style connections of the pipes instead of clamps, but it's not that noticeable. build quality is really nice as well. Glad I made the switch.
Old 06-20-2017, 10:08 AM   #40
Matt2882
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2011 MK6 GTI 6MT
I'm looking into the cobb Turboback, does anyone have updated impressions? How is it for a DD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2017, 10:39 PM   #41
fuelforfire87
Autocross Newbie

I dd my car and havent had any issues so far. It has a nice exhaust note when accelerating but its not over the top and there is no drone while cruising

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk