GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com



Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-18-2017, 09:33 PM   #1
Mk6Daddy
Touring Car Champion
 
Drives: 2011 Autobahn
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bay Area,Ca.
Posts: 231
Taking in for P2015

Taking the car in for the faulty manifold problem tmrw. Still covered by VW extended warranty and should I expect any grief over intake, exhaust, and a boost gauge installed ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mk6Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 09:51 PM   #2
ImitationMan
Go Kart Champion
 
ImitationMan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 GTI 4Dr CSG
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: TX
Posts: 36
You should be okay. I had my manifold replaced last month and I didn't even change the tune to stock. When I made the appointment, I asked the service rep if it would be a problem since I had tuned the car and had a downpipe and she said it should be fine since its a common part to fail. And it wasn't a problem.

You may want to consider getting a carbon cleaning while they have the manifold off.
__________________
APR Stage 2 | Eurojet Catted Downpipe | CEL | IE Cold Air Intake | GFB DV+ | LED Tails | Polar FIS | etc
ImitationMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2017, 12:42 PM   #3
Mk6Daddy
Touring Car Champion
 
Drives: 2011 Autobahn
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bay Area,Ca.
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImitationMan View Post
You should be okay. I had my manifold replaced last month and I didn't even change the tune to stock. When I made the appointment, I asked the service rep if it would be a problem since I had tuned the car and had a downpipe and she said it should be fine since its a common part to fail. And it wasn't a problem.

You may want to consider getting a carbon cleaning while they have the manifold off.


Ok, thank you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mk6Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:46 AM   #4
Blaznjoe
FIA GT Champion
 
Blaznjoe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 MK6 GTI 2-D CSG
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk6Daddy View Post
Taking the car in for the faulty manifold problem tmrw. Still covered by VW extended warranty and should I expect any grief over intake, exhaust, and a boost gauge installed ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If your boost gauge uses an adapter tapped into the manifold, I recommend removing it. I disconnected/removed my catch can and boost tap to ensure all connections to the intake manifold were stock before taking it to the dealer. Dealer did asked my if I was "modded" and my response was yeah...the intake and exhaust They warrantied my manifold...no issues.

Good luck
__________________
2012 MK6 GTI 2-D CSG 6SP-MT
GIAC Stage 2e40|SPM Street DP|SACHS Performance Coilovers|VOLK ZE40's|Neuspeed BBK,Pulley,P-Flo,TOP,FMIC,CBE,SS brakelines,& ShortShifter|Whiteline ALK|Hotchkis F & R Swaybars|Autotech Rotors|Hawk Pads|EuroSport X-Brace|TyrolSport DS SF C Kits|GFB DV+|SB.S2.SMFW|Wavetrac|Michelin PSS|Podi|ECS CatchCan www.kopropo.com/america/
Blaznjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:03 AM   #5
Mk6Daddy
Touring Car Champion
 
Drives: 2011 Autobahn
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Bay Area,Ca.
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaznjoe View Post
If your boost gauge uses an adapter tapped into the manifold, I recommend removing it. I disconnected/removed my catch can and boost tap to ensure all connections to the intake manifold were stock before taking it to the dealer. Dealer did asked my if I was "modded" and my response was yeah...the intake and exhaust They warrantied my manifold...no issues.



Good luck


Left boost tap on, no problems. Did manifold, took care of the water pump while there, and did carbon cleaning. Runs great now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mk6Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:25 AM   #6
Blaznjoe
FIA GT Champion
 
Blaznjoe's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 MK6 GTI 2-D CSG
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: SoCal
Posts: 930
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mk6Daddy View Post
Left boost tap on, no problems. Did manifold, took care of the water pump while there, and did carbon cleaning. Runs great now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Very nice!

I had exactly the same items taken care of/done since the manifold was going to be removed.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
2012 MK6 GTI 2-D CSG 6SP-MT
GIAC Stage 2e40|SPM Street DP|SACHS Performance Coilovers|VOLK ZE40's|Neuspeed BBK,Pulley,P-Flo,TOP,FMIC,CBE,SS brakelines,& ShortShifter|Whiteline ALK|Hotchkis F & R Swaybars|Autotech Rotors|Hawk Pads|EuroSport X-Brace|TyrolSport DS SF C Kits|GFB DV+|SB.S2.SMFW|Wavetrac|Michelin PSS|Podi|ECS CatchCan www.kopropo.com/america/
Blaznjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.