GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 01-30-2016, 10:40 AM   #43
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 MK6
I just sent this post to Kerma TDI and Polar.
Instagram:@becauseHYDE16
YouTube: HYDE16
HYDE16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 05:56 AM   #44
wendigo
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Golf6
Smile About pressure reading

Hi to all,

What the Polar FIS does is to read the boost pressure from the engine control unit, and then read the atmospheric pressure also from the engine control unit, then subtract both readings (turbo pressure minus atmospheric pressure), and the value is displayed. If the atmospheric pressure is higher than turbo one, the value will be negative (vacuum while idle as you mentioned yesterday). If reversed, the value is positive.

So you are right and while idling the car should make depression (negative pressure). In other words, we do not design the engine, or your ECU or even the pressure sensor, we just simply read those values that are being updated each moment in the CAN BUS (written by constant telegrams by the engine control unit into the CAN BUS).

What I mean is that these are the values that the engine control unit gives us, we do not interpret at all. In fact, the PF03 hardware has no external sensor or similar, so if the values are “wrong” is why the unit gives them bad.

In fact you can check what I mean because if you use any 3rd party software such as VCDs (or even the original VAG diagnosis stuff) and perform the same operation, with the engine idling, read atmospheric and turbo pressure, and then subtract them, you will see how much gives you… it will be also positive even we all insists whole time on having a negative value that will be more real. This is crazy but is like this.

Honestly, we could invent something and subtract x value to what is measured, so that idling give a negative reading, but who would want an interface to read parameters of the engine if they are distorted or falsed? At least we think from this point.

Thanks in advance for your attention,

With best regards,

Peter - AutoPolar Team
www.auto-polar.com
wendigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:02 AM   #45
wendigo
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: Golf6

PolarFIS (Advanced) : New Update v0.4.9

We are proud of present a new PolarFIS Advanced firmware update for VAG vehicles with RED, WHITE and COLOR cluster.
Firmware files already added inside the official support area, feel free to access for upgrade your PolarFIS device.
Please, any report or issue not doubt to inform us in our official forum.

We updated the model list of vehicles and brands supported, due we added Audi models.
This is now the complete list at this moment.

Models supported

Audi A3 8P
Audi S3 8P
Audi S3 Sportback 8P
Audi RS3 8P

Volkswagen Golf Mk5 (1K)
Volkswagen Golf Mk6 (5K)
Volkswagen Jetta Mk5 (1K)
Volkswagen Jetta Mk6 (5C)
Volkswagen Caddy (2K)
Volkswagen Caddy (2C)
Volkswagen Tiguan (5N)
Volkswagen Touran (1T)
Volkswagen EOS (1F)
Volkswagen Passat (3C)
Volkswagen Passat (36)
Volkswagen Passat CC (35)
Volkswagen Scirocco (13)
Volkswagen Sharan (7N)

Skoda Octavia II / Octavia II FL (1Z)
Skoda Superb II (3T)

Seat Leon II & Seat Leon II FL (1P)
Seat Alhambra (7N)
Seat Altea, AlteaXL & AlteaFreetrack (5P)
Seat Toledo (5P)

Firmware update description

Improved engine ECU database and added over 1000 new engine ECUs supported (some of them requested by customers).

Added 2 new parameters :
– A/C Compressor torque.
– A/C pressure.

Improved diagnostics communication and solved issue that caused no parameter reading with some models.
Improved firmware filenames inside support area.
General improvements.

How can I update my PolarFIS?

For update your PolarFIS with a new firmware, please go to the “Update zone” section.

Here you can find a link to our official forum about how to update PolarFIS. This can be used for update any of our products, because is the same procedure for all.

ActiveX Updater http://www.auto-polar.com/update
Software Updater http://www.auto-polar.com/downloads/...ter_Online.zip
HowTo upgrade (Video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26ktB6f6f9o

Your opinion is very important for us, so feel free to share your feedbacks or comments at the bottom of this post.
We will take care of all your replies, and this will help to improve step by step all our products.

Official link
http://www.auto-polar.com/polarfis-a...4-9-21-01-2016
wendigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 06:20 AM   #46
changchewsoon
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2013 Golf R MK6
DSG Oil Temp in Polar PF03

Hi Peter,

Great product you guys did with the Polar FIS Advance unit, I am currently using the 2014 "Kessy" PF03 model in my Golf R DSG.

I was hoping you could include parameters from the DSG transmission such as dsg temperature to be displayed in the next update, as I could see the measuring blocks using Vagcom.

And thank you Hyde16 for this awesome thread! I decided to purchase this unit after reading your review!
2013 Golf R | 313 WHP | Unitronic Stage 2+ & Stage 2 DSG | Integrated Engineering HPFP | Unitronic Turbo-Back Exhaust System | Unitronic Intake | Unitronic Intercooler | HPA Competition Haldex Controller
Toyota Yaris Turbo | 501 WHP | Built Engine
changchewsoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 07:40 AM   #47
HYDE16
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 MK6
Quote:
Originally Posted by changchewsoon View Post
Hi Peter,

Great product you guys did with the Polar FIS Advance unit, I am currently using the 2014 "Kessy" PF03 model in my Golf R DSG.

I was hoping you could include parameters from the DSG transmission such as dsg temperature to be displayed in the next update, as I could see the measuring blocks using Vagcom.

And thank you Hyde16 for this awesome thread! I decided to purchase this unit after reading your review!
Thank you.
Instagram:@becauseHYDE16
YouTube: HYDE16
HYDE16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:57 PM   #48
mostic
Rally Car Champion

Drives: VW
Quote:
Originally Posted by changchewsoon View Post

Excellent idea
mostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 10:23 PM   #49
abraxas
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2012 CW GTI 6MT
I apologize for the late reply on this from my end, but I really appreciate your reaching out to Auto Polar, HYDE16, with my question about boost readings, and for your detailed response on the matter, wendigo.

It is really good to know how the unit calculates actual boost. I'm acclimating to the new range, though I think it will still take a bit of time before the numbers are as immediately meaningful. I ran the old gauge for a long time so I'm used to that scale. I guess you could compare it to switching to reading temps in Celsius after growing up using Fahrenheit.

Anyway, super helpful amd informative thread all around.
APR Stage 1 - APR Carbonio Stage 1 - R8 Coil Packs - Clutchmasters FX350 - TyrolSport Brake Stiffening Kit - TyrolSport Shifter Bushings - Michelin PSS on Enkei Raijins and Hawk/Carbotech pads for the track - VCDS
abraxas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:29 PM   #50
GoodTimesIndeed
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI 2Dr DSG
Quick bump. I see the first post mentions the steering wheel controls but has anyone ever "tried" to use this on a base model that only has the stalk controls (no steering wheel controls)?

Not sure what the difference is between the models other than the obvious buttons but I can still navigate through menus and such with the stalk control. Just not sure if there is another difference that I'm not aware of.

EDIT: I purchased and installed the PolarFIS+ unit anyways. For what its worth the unit does work without steering wheel controls.
APR K04 / DP w/m injection / Custom Intake / Eurojet turboback / Neuspeed FMIC / IC sprayer / FSB-RSB / Endlinks / 034 Mounts / HPA 75A / AWE TOP / BSH TBP / ECS Catch Can / Solo Werks / Centric rotors / StopTech pads / Tyrolsport / Powerflex Bushings & A.L.K. / Stern Brace / Eurosport Strut Brace & Rear XB / TCR-II System / Misc Interior & Exterior Mods / Build Thread / My flickr

Last edited by GoodTimesIndeed; 01-15-2017 at 03:15 PM.
GoodTimesIndeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 12:34 AM   #51
Surferboy120
Go Kart Champion

Drives: 2013 Golf R
Boost settings Question

Can you tell me how you have your boost setup? What options are you using and has it been quick and accurate for you? I purchased this myself and I am working through the process of trying to select the correct config to read the boost accurately in PSI. To clarify further I am trying to make sure I have boost setup on the most accurate setup. I see that there has been some discussion on how boost is read but I am not certain which of the available options provides the best accuracy.

Thank you in advance.

Surferboy

Last edited by Surferboy120; 06-02-2017 at 12:42 AM.
Surferboy120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:41 AM   #52
mostic
Rally Car Champion

Guys,
What does the HVAC nm means in the PolarFIS+ and what is the right figures should be seen on it?
Old 06-29-2017, 01:29 PM   #53
mostic
Rally Car Champion

I found this info regarding the HVAC, but I still didn't find the right numbers/figures for each one...

143. Air conditioner (HVAC) compressor torque - Select in the car: "HVAC nm"
144. Air conditioner (HVAC) compressor pressure - Select in the car: "HVAC bar"

http://www.kermatdi.com/polarfis-adv...board-display/