GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 06-28-2017, 12:00 AM   #1
edwardnese
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2011 GTI
How to tell if my Fuel Pump Control Module is bad

Today i was driving up hill and as i was accelerating i noticed after 3k rpms it seemed as if my car went limp, i pressed the gas pedal and there was no response so i pulled over to the side of the road. Once on the side of the road i tried to restart the car but the car would just keep cranking. After trying to call a tow truck for 15 mins i decided to give it another go and the car started up this time. I was able to successfully drive it all the way home (25 miles 1hr travel time). I also stopped to refuel my tank since i was running low (15miles left).

Can anyone suggest what the cause of this issue might be? i did some research and i think it might have to do with the fuel pump. It seems to be more of Low Pressure Fuel Pump issue or Fuel Pump Control Module. I can still gain acceleration if i hit the gas so im thinking its not the HPFP. I also noticed that after my 1hr commute, i reach back and touch the fuel pump control module under the rear seats, it feels hot. Could this be a sign of bad control module?

Car spec: 2011 Mk6 gti stock
Mileage : 66k
edwardnese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 04:51 PM   #2
edwardnese
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 2011 GTI
Update: so i removed my fuel pump and replaced with a new one along with my fuel pump control module just to be safe.

Upon removing my old fuel pump i noticed the metal rails of the fuel pump were bent 30 degrees. Has anyone else come across this in their low pressure fuel pump? Im trying to think of a reason why the rails bent, it would take a of force to bend them, maybe driving over a pothole?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 19650135_10155412378903426_675944883_o.jpg (215.3 KB, 30 views)
edwardnese is offline   Reply With Quote