GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Newcarsmell's Mod Thread/ Journal

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
I really love the combination of performance and longevity from Stoptech pads. They typically last about 15-20,000 miles.

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
Sad to say this, but I decided to move on from the GTi. The times I had with the GTi certainly were fun and I still miss the car but some things have to end for new projects to begin.

I decided to purchase a 2016 Audi A3 1.8T in Florett Silver. I've already begun adding all the Neuspeed essentials such as Rear sway bar, intake, wheels, and power module (kinda like going Stage 0.75)

You can follow my new mod thread here:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28738

corman1313

Ready to race!
Sad to see it go, I was thinking of the same but decided to keep the car. Did you sell your CF hood?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

gtimk6er

Passed Driver's Ed
Time for some cosmetics!

I had my front insert color matched and the lower honeycomb and foglight housing painted gloss black to match the upper honeycomb grill.

Total Cost: $150

I went to 360 Autoworks for the work to be done. If you live in Socal, this is a great autobody shop. You can ask for Duc (pronounced Duke) and have the same thing done to your car for the same price. Just mention "Simon recommended me to come here. He has a white GTI" and you should be good.

Curious, did you have to remove the whole bumper to remove the front talent/fog grill??

Thanks

newcarsmell

Go Kart Champion
Curious, did you have to remove the whole bumper to remove the front talent/fog grill??

Thanks

You do need to remove bumper if you can't lift your car.

You don't need to remove bumper if you have your car on a lift in order to get behind the bumper an access the clips.