GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cherna's 2012 2-Door GTI M/T

Marty

I have those exact tires! I really like them, so much traction and grip, and they are fairly quite on the road.

CHerna

Ready to race!
April 2017:

Got the BC coil-overs installed. Man, does it ride and handle great. The dampening firmness is set right in the middle. It feels very similar to stock. The ride height is set to 24" FTG.

Like I stated in the thread I made, the car is having issues shifting into first, second, and reverse now. Took it to the dealership yesterday. They discovered the pressure plate is at fault. CPO warranty will cover the repairs!

Dropping the car off tomorrow. I'm hoping to have it back by Friday. I can't wait to wash it and put the Rotiforms on!

CHerna

Ready to race!
Managed to get it cleaned up pretty good over the weekend. Gave it a thorough hand wash. Cleaned the wheel liners from all the road debris, gunk, grease, and oils. Cleaned up the calipers. It's nice to see them vibrant again.

The Rotiforms are finally on. I am in love with the way it looks!

senseless1707

Ready to race!
Managed to get it cleaned up pretty good over the weekend. Gave it a thorough hand wash. Cleaned the wheel liners from all the road debris, gunk, grease, and oils. Cleaned up the calipers. It's nice to see them vibrant again.

The Rotiforms are finally on. I am in love with the way it looks!

Man wheels and height are dialed! What happened to the LED tails?

CHerna

Ready to race!
Man wheels and height are dialed! What happened to the LED tails?

Thanks!

I sold them to a board member. I decided it was over-kill in terms of black. I think it's better to have some red or dark cherry in there to break up all the black. Tails and headlights are next on my list for exterior mods. :thumbup:

CHerna

Ready to race!
June '17 update:

Purchased a GFB DV+ new and a Cobb AP from a fellow forum member.

Installed the Cobb to "Stage 0". Messed around with gauges a little. The Cobb reads boost peaking at 9.6. My guess is the difference is being leaked out of the DV.

Weighing my options in terms of exhaust. Once exhaust is installed, I'm going to hit up Stratified for a protune!

CHerna

Ready to race!
July 2017:

Had my Eurojet catless TBE installed over the weekend. I love how it sounds. Super happy I was able to find one for sale!

Ordered my tune from Stratified. Now to wait patiently!

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
I'm not normally a fan of black wheels but the suspension and the wheels look really good. You definitely need another set of LED tail lights :p

CHerna

Ready to race!
I'm not normally a fan of black wheels but the suspension and the wheels look really good. You definitely need another set of LED tail lights :p

Thank you for the kind words! I'm super picky with wheels, but these called my name when I laid eyes on them, haha.

Definitely need some LED taillights. Hoping to find a nice, used OEM set!

loving the thread keep it up!

Thanks!

CHerna

Ready to race!
Can anyone viewing this thread tell me if they can still see the photos? I can still see them, but I don't know if Photobucket holding photos hostage is affecting anyone else's ability to view them. If so, I'll change the links.

Any input is appreciated!

P.S. F*** Photobucket!

piesGTI

Passed Driver's Ed
Can anyone viewing this thread tell me if they can still see the photos? I can still see them, but I don't know if Photobucket holding photos hostage is affecting anyone else's ability to view them. If so, I'll change the links.

Any input is appreciated!

P.S. F*** Photobucket!

I can see them. Photobucket sucks balls.

I really like your car! Are you having success with the BC coils? I ran them on both NSRT-4's years ago and I loved them and I was wondering how they built out for the GTI's. I've been burned switching brands when it comes to suspension, and I already trust BC so it would be easy for me to buy from them again.

CHerna

Ready to race!
I can see them. Photobucket sucks balls.

I really like your car! Are you having success with the BC coils? I ran them on both NSRT-4's years ago and I loved them and I was wondering how they built out for the GTI's. I've been burned switching brands when it comes to suspension, and I already trust BC so it would be easy for me to buy from them again.

Thank you for the input and compliment!

I am very happy with them. They are the best bang for your buck, honestly. You can't go wrong. I knew they came with dampening adjustment, but was pleasantly surprised to find the also have camber adjustment on the front. Also, they came with sway bar links, so that's one less thing I had to spend on when installing them. 10/10 would recommend to anyone.

gdub09

Ready to race!
What size are your Rotiforms? They have better fitment than most who have those wheels lol.