GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread #2

Calkulin

Ready to race!
Injector timings are about the same on all 3, so it's not adjusting much. I'd had to lower the injector constant to compensate but it still needs more refinement

Joveen

Ready to race!
How do you guys get ready for emissions? For people in a state with emissions?

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk

adam.mk6.gti

Have any of you guys seen thrust bearings fail on TSI motor? I figure all of you guys are running upgraded pressure plates in order to hold torque of the bigger turbos. I had my bottom end fail on me when the thrust washer dropped from a failed bearing and then destroy main bearings and score the block due to the crank end float. Car has stock turbo and 60k miles on it, most at stage 1 the last year on stage 2 with the upgraded clutch

I am replacing the long motor and wondering if I go ahead and re-install the Black Forest Industries stage 2 clutch I have on the transmission or maybe that caused the bearing to fail and I look at something else. Seems like a rare issue on the TSI but not keen on replacing another motor down the line. Thoughts?

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Does anyone have this? Is it worth getting for a hybrid turbo or K04?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-grams-p...6-throttle-body-black-series/g09-09-0710~gpd/

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

No one has it yet, it's new. I reached out to them for more data as I've been told by various tuners that we have not outflown the OEM throttle body size but I want to see what it does for us in terms of drivability and throttle response. I'll post the feedback I get from them.

Last edited:

drakore

Ready to race!
No one has it yet, it's new. I'm in talks with them now for proven data as I've been told that we have not outflown the OEM throttle body size. Adding this may cause a twitchy throttle response. I'll post the feedback I get from them.
Awesome, thanks!

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
you could always grab the tb from a 3.2L a5. plug and play. 75mm. youll just need to add an inch extension so thr coupler wont pop off and either get longer mounting bolts or shallow out the holes and use stock bolts.

have had mine on for over a year.

Don, did you ever prove power gain on adding this? Also, what changes did you notice with throttle? No tuning changes I assume.

Calkulin

Ready to race!
ProTip: CBFA owners, you can unplug the SAI pump and code out the CEL but don't unplug the sensor or the valve as that will cause your fuel trims not to work, lesson learned :thumbsup:

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
ProTip: CBFA owners, you can unplug the SAI pump and code out the CEL but don't unplug the sensor or the valve as that will cause your fuel trims not to work, lesson learned :thumbsup:

for emissions you wont pass with the "incorrect flow" code. just had to flash back to my old file to pass. but yes youre right

wndwsdwngti860

Upsidedown
Don, did you ever prove power gain on adding this? Also, what changes did you notice with throttle? No tuning changes I assume.

nothing proven on my end but i did notice better throttle response especially with the bigger intake manifold. no tuning changes. looking for thread

drakore

Ready to race!