GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stratified Flash Tunes Released for the MK6 GTI

Laimface

Ready to race!
To go from stage 1 to 2, it cost me £2000: Sachs clutch disc, pressure plate, DMF, TOB, Downpipe, Accessport + labour

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
and how about, if we see -3.75 on knock ret. (knock)?

Does it happen all the time or just a one time event? If it's a random event and not repeatable I would not worry about it.

Special delivery! Just came in today. Stratified here I come!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Looking great!

should have gone DSG ;]

The DSG also requires a flash to handle the torque of an upgraded turbo without the clutches temporarily disengaging :). We should be able to offer the DSG tunes as well once we get access to the tables via the AP.

tkelly0727

Ready to race!
Does it happen all the time or just a one time event? If it's a random event and not repeatable I would not worry about it.

Looking great!

The DSG also requires a flash to handle the torque of an upgraded turbo without the clutches temporarily disengaging :). We should be able to offer the DSG tunes as well once we get access to the tables via the AP.

Yes, it does happen every time i drive the car. before i went stage 2 i upgraded the engine and transmission mounts because my oem was sloppy. today ive seen it went as high as -4.25 and i was in bumper to bumper traffic. im thinking of purching a e85 tune file to get a data-log to see it the knock is reduced.

Alex@Stratified

Go Kart Newbie
Yes, it does happen every time i drive the car. before i went stage 2 i upgraded the engine and transmission mounts because my oem was sloppy. today ive seen it went as high as -4.25 and i was in bumper to bumper traffic. im thinking of purching a e85 tune file to get a data-log to see it the knock is reduced.

With E85 it definitely will be. We can also adjust the current tune via a datalog review if needed.

UberFast

Ready to race!
So I have to get a dsg flash before my k04 now? Damn it! How close are yall to coming out with a dsg tune? Will it hurt the dsg to wait a while before getting it flashed while running k04? I'd rather have a tune I can flash through the AP rather than get an APR etc. tune.

Looking great!

Laimface

Ready to race!
So I have to get a dsg flash before my k04 now? Damn it! How close are yall to coming out with a dsg tune? Will it hurt the dsg to wait a while before getting it flashed while running k04? I'd rather have a tune I can flash through the AP rather than get an APR etc. tune.

It won't hurt, the DSG in stock form has a torque limit set so will kill the power to not overload the clutch packs. Flashing the DSG increases the limit along with the clamping pressure to the clutch .

Laimface

Ready to race!
The only dyno on the island opened yesterday. Guess who went on first lol.

271hp 328 ft lbs (Print out at the end of the video)

It's quite obvious that the turbo runs out of juice after 4500. You can even hear it in the exhaust note! I'll have a bigger turbo one day lol.

jeez

Ready to race!
The only dyno on the island opened yesterday. Guess who went on first lol.

271hp 328 ft lbs (Print out at the end of the video)

It's quite obvious that the turbo runs out of juice after 4500. You can even hear it in the exhaust note! I'll have a bigger turbo one day lol.
Awesome results! You must be the first person I've seen hit 270 hp and 320tq at the wheels, on the stock turbo.

Either Alex is working wonders, or euro gtis are stronger, or that dyno reads high, or your car is a factory freak. I would be impressed with 250 whp, let alone 270. Great results indeed.

You're not running WMI or E85 right?

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Laimface

Ready to race!
Awesome results! You must be the first person I've seen hit 270 hp and 320tq at the wheels, on the stock turbo.

Either Alex is working wonders, or euro gtis are stronger, or that dyno reads high, or your car is a factory freak. I would be impressed with 250 whp, let alone 270. Great results indeed.

You're not running WMI or E85 right?

Can't comment on euro GTIs being stronger or dyno reading high. It was literally set up last week so not many cars have been on it.

This is the dyno type: http://www.dynodevelopments.co.uk/4wd-dyno.html

As for fuel, it's normal pump 98 RON. That figure was from one of the latter runs, so the oil was pretty warm so thinner. Intake temps were kept low by directing air through a flexi pipe to the filter to minimise heat soak.

Below is a virtual dyno pull that I did a few weeks ago. Pretty similar. Goes to show how good VD is as a free app!

jeez

Ready to race!
Can't comment on euro GTIs being stronger or dyno reading high. It was literally set up last week so not many cars have been on it.

This is the dyno type: http://www.dynodevelopments.co.uk/4wd-dyno.html

As for fuel, it's normal pump 98 RON. That figure was from one of the latter runs, so the oil was pretty warm so thinner. Intake temps were kept low by directing air through a flexi pipe to the filter to minimise heat soak.

Below is a virtual dyno pull that I did a few weeks ago. Pretty similar. Goes to show how good VD is as a free app!

How low were your IATs if know?

Laimface

Ready to race!
How low were your IATs if know?

The road log that made the VD graph saw a steady 24°C IAT and 13°C ambient.

The dyno saw IAT of initially 35°C then dropping to 30°C on the pull with ambient temp of 19°C

Before the flexi hose blowing air to the filter, the IAT was 50°C.

jeez

Ready to race!
The road log that made the VD graph saw a steady 24°C IAT and 13°C ambient.

The dyno saw IAT of initially 35°C then dropping to 30°C on the pull with ambient temp of 19°C

Before the flexi hose blowing air to the filter, the IAT was 50°C.

Ah, I see. Thank you. That's 270 whp in 86 degree weather...are you on stage 2 hardware? That's almost 300 hp at the crank...I thought that was impossible, guess not lol. Wish it was on a dynojet to remove my doubts. With E85/WMI you could be looking at 320 hp which is crazy! I'm impressed, even if it reads high.

If true Alex will get an influx of new customers ha ha

Last edited: