GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Deep's first car build!

CHerna

Ready to race!
Awesome mods! I'm also considering the Tyrol hatch-brace. Let us know what you think.

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Forum Drive

Few pics from the latest NCVWDC group drive! Have grown really fond of this group and made some really good friends. Would love to keep them even beyond VW/GTI :)

One of the awesome drone shots by Jeff (only 2 TRs, the other one being Jeff's Mk7 :D):

Last edited:

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
My first experience with spray-painting! Turned out be a lot harder than I had expected. Ended up sanding 5 times to get the finish I wanted :cry:

Was still left with a few wrinkles because I did the first coat too heavy. The final product came out good enough though. Here's how it looks on the car:

Overall, love this front-splitter from ECS-tuning. While the Euro OEM splitter is a very elegant solution to the bumper gap, but this splitter brings out that aggressive look upfront :thumbup: That, without being too low and scrape prone. Once again, many thanks to OPD for the pro painting tips :)

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Introducing a much cleaner front-end for Schatzi!

Work that's gone in:
- ECS tuning splitter as mentioned above.
- License plate moved to tow-hook mount. Using the mount by USMillWorks. Really high quality product :thumbup:
- Took care of the nasty drill holes with some cheap plastic/nylon plugs which I painted with touch-up paint.

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
Few other updates to the interior:

Newsouth Performance Boost gauge (ventpod):

Absolutely in love with the gauge! Always wanted one. Found the P3 gauge too costly for what it offers. Happy that I went with an analogue gauge finally. Gels much better with the interior IMO :wub:

Bold-sport Auto light:

Now that I have it, I am so used to it! Bad on VW's part to skip this. Easy to do and absolutely recommended :)

ahard48

Ready to race!
- Took care of the nasty drill holes with some cheap plastic/nylon plugs which I painted with touch-up paint.

Where did you find the plugs. I walked through Lowes and Home Depot and everything was either too big or wouldn't stay in the bumper holes. My drill holes are about a little less than 1/4 inch wide...