GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Member Car Journals

Old 07-23-2017, 10:27 PM   #15
Mbutler183
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2011 GTI Autobahn
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobst View Post
Did you do any motor work with that hp?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Nope, Stock motor redlined 10+ times a day for 30k miles as big turbo :P
Mbutler183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 02:10 PM   #16
GreyGti1990
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
Whats the details on the Mamba turbo? Did you buy just the turbo from mamba and then a manifold elsewhere? I looked quickly on their website and it looks like they don't sell complete kits.

What parts are needed if you buy through Mamba?

I'm interested in maxing out the stock fueling and leaving the engine stock. K04 would be fun but I wanna be closer to the 400whp range.
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+, R8 Coils, SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Front Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails.
Soon to Come: Updated Tensioner, Tints.
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:59 PM   #17
Mbutler183
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGti1990 View Post
Whats the details on the Mamba turbo? Did you buy just the turbo from mamba and then a manifold elsewhere? I looked quickly on their website and it looks like they don't sell complete kits.

What parts are needed if you buy through Mamba?

I'm interested in maxing out the stock fueling and leaving the engine stock. K04 would be fun but I wanna be closer to the 400whp range.
Had a Garrett GT3071r, blew it up and looked for a replacement. Frank Mabo (My tuner and now owner of Mabotech) told me about Mamba and how he was sourcing them for his turbo kits. They made some pretty impressive improvements and its a lot of turbo for the money, I trusted him and bought one of his turbos from them and attached it to my previous manifold. If your looking to take that route checkout Mabotech on facebook, he offers affordable kits now
Old 07-25-2017, 07:22 AM   #18
GreyGti1990

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbutler183 View Post
Had a Garrett GT3071r, blew it up and looked for a replacement. Frank Mabo (My tuner and now owner of Mabotech) told me about Mamba and how he was sourcing them for his turbo kits. They made some pretty impressive improvements and its a lot of turbo for the money, I trusted him and bought one of his turbos from them and attached it to my previous manifold. If your looking to take that route checkout Mabotech on facebook, he offers affordable kits now
I'll definitely need to check him out. I tried searching for his website but Mabotech much still be new and I could only find a facebook page thus far. I'll check out his facebook page though! Thanks.
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+, R8 Coils, SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Front Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails.
Soon to Come: Updated Tensioner, Tints.
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 08:29 AM   #19
SoWalGTI

Drives: 2012 Mk6 GTI
Hey Mitch! Missed ya at the last PCB Cars & Coffee. Hope we can meet up and check out the cars soon. Car is looking good!
Old 08-08-2017, 09:05 PM   #20
Mbutler183
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoWalGTI View Post
Hey Mitch! Missed ya at the last PCB Cars & Coffee. Hope we can meet up and check out the cars soon. Car is looking good!
I know I planned to come out and woke up at 9am :P Whoops!