GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

A@ron

Passed Driver's Ed
So I finally got my 187B Factory Carplay unit installed and had to do some VCDS coding after (using the latest version of VCDS). Here are the possible tweaks to the unit:

Yep, just noticed in the VCDS 17.8 release that the long coding for the RCD330 now has labels. I have the Dynaudio system so I tried changing my coding to the following:

Byte 1: 05 Dynaudio Sound System
Byte 2: 00 Sound System (active Speakers)
Byte 4: 01 Treble Speaker Monitoring deactivated (Sound System)

However, when I click "Do it" it throws an "Error 31: Request out of range" message. Also tried Byte 1 with 01 "Volkswagen Sound System OR Dynaudio System", but that gave the same error.

Sound is working, but figured I'd try to code it to what seemed to be correct for my setup and see if I could hear an improvement. But no luck...

mojoooo0

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the images from VCDS. I was hoping one of those options would be automatically turn off screen after 10 seconds as there is an option for that under the screen menu

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Yep, just noticed in the VCDS 17.8 release that the long coding for the RCD330 now has labels. I have the Dynaudio system so I tried changing my coding to the following:

Byte 1: 05 Dynaudio Sound System

Byte 2: 00 Sound System (active Speakers)

Byte 4: 01 Treble Speaker Monitoring deactivated (Sound System)

However, when I click "Do it" it throws an "Error 31: Request out of range" message. Also tried Byte 1 with 01 "Volkswagen Sound System OR Dynaudio System", but that gave the same error.

Sound is working, but figured I'd try to code it to what seemed to be correct for my setup and see if I could hear an improvement. But no luck...

Yeah same thing here. Only thing I was able to change was byte 4 to 01 Treble Speaker Monitoring deactivated (Sound System).

I did clear a lot of other faults by removing them from the gateway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A@ron

Passed Driver's Ed
Yeah same thing here. Only thing I was able to change was byte 4 to 01 Treble Speaker Monitoring deactivated (Sound System).

I did clear a lot of other faults by removing them from the gateway.

Based on comments in the Ross-Tech forum by one of their employees, even though the options are there the HU likely doesn't support it, hence the error. Oh well.

mikejsmith1985

Go Kart Champion
Still no radio reception after installing the adapter. Here is a picture of the antenna adapter, I unplugged the battery and everything even though CarPlay/Bluetooth audio was working fine. I have a video also but tapatalk won't let me add it for some reason. Let me know if you guys have any idea what my issue could be.

iSuckAtThis

Passed Driver's Ed
Still no radio reception after installing the adapter. Here is a picture of the antenna adapter, I unplugged the battery and everything even though CarPlay/Bluetooth audio was working fine. I have a video also but tapatalk won't let me add it for some reason. Let me know if you guys have any idea what my issue could be.

Is it the AM or FM that isn't working?

The AM doesn't seem to work with anyone.

Speeddemon691

Go Kart Champion
Is it the AM or FM that isn't working?

The AM doesn't seem to work with anyone.

Yeah AM barley works for me. But I don't use that anyway so I don't care. Only one that uses that is my dad but he don't drive my car so no harm done.

Last edited:

Modplod

So I have been going through this thread try to figure out if I can get this unit to work in my car.
I was hoping that if I put all my concerns in one message someone could give me some guidance.

I have a 2013 GTI. It has the RCD 310 head unit. I do have bluetooth. I can control this with the right hand stalk on the steering wheel and all my contacts appear in the center info display in the dash between the speedo and tach. I have the aux input and the midi input in the center console. I also have what I believe to be a bluetooth unit under the passenger seat. So with the RCD330 the bluetooth is all internal so I would unplug this undersea unit?

I am not bothered about bluetooth streaming from my iPhone, nor am I worried about a rear view camera. I would like to be able to load my own music either on an SD card or on a USB stick.

I also would like to conform that it really is an easy swap, plug for plug

Can anyone confirm that the sound is better?

Any help would be appreciated

Chatchie

Ready to race!
I'd also like to add another question and please excuse if it's been answered as this thread is pretty long now.

I have a CC with parking sensors, does this unit support that option?

Edit: A guy on vortex confirms that the parking sensors do indeed work on a CC.

Last edited:

M0riarty

Thanks for the images from VCDS. I was hoping one of those options would be automatically turn off screen after 10 seconds as there is an option for that under the screen menu

Does the screen timeout feature not function even though you have it enabled through the touch screen settings? What about the screen brightness settings? I haven't messed with this yet.

I curious about the built in Volkswagen app. It doesn't seem to do anything, even with the CarNet app installed on my iPhone. Is it tied to the CarNet App? Or some other overseas version of the app?

iSuckAtThis

Passed Driver's Ed
So I have been going through this thread try to figure out if I can get this unit to work in my car.
I was hoping that if I put all my concerns in one message someone could give me some guidance.

I have a 2013 GTI. It has the RCD 310 head unit. I do have bluetooth. I can control this with the right hand stalk on the steering wheel and all my contacts appear in the center info display in the dash between the speedo and tach. I have the aux input and the midi input in the center console. I also have what I believe to be a bluetooth unit under the passenger seat. So with the RCD330 the bluetooth is all internal so I would unplug this undersea unit?

I am not bothered about bluetooth streaming from my iPhone, nor am I worried about a rear view camera. I would like to be able to load my own music either on an SD card or on a USB stick.

I also would like to conform that it really is an easy swap, plug for plug

Can anyone confirm that the sound is better?

Any help would be appreciated

You do not need to unplug the underseat unit,if you need to connect to the BT on the RCD330, just tap forget on the RCD310 BT from your phone, and your phone will automatically connect to the RCD330 BT when you enter your car ( as long as you have the BT turned on of course)

Apple CarPlay, BT, Sd Card and a USB stick are all available on the rcd330, so you could load your music easily.

In your case ( no RVC) , it is simply plug & play.

I've found that the sound has improved a bit, specially when the volume isn't too high.