GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > DIY Guides and Discussions

Old 01-23-2016, 06:55 PM   #43
slowgti
Drag Racing Champion

Drives: 2012 Autobahn
Finished this job thanks to the great write up by dbest. Prob took eight hrs but I think I could get through it again in three knowing everything. I feel like a dumbass because ECS has the OE BG pump but I didn't see it when buying... I'm not too worried because the old pump made it 94k miles. I also checked the VW campaign/recall site and found nothing related to my car for a water pump swap.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:18 PM   #44
kern417
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: '09 Jetta
Quote:
Originally Posted by CustomZ02 View Post
Not sure how I have a BA pump Im guessing thats not the original pump? If so maybe the dealer replaced it before I bought the car. But the service part guy got all worked up when I asked him what the part number was on the bad pumps, so much so that he walked away from the counter and someone else had to help me out.

On the plus side I got the new pump in and no more leak, just gonna keep an eye on the levels and make sure im good.
BA is one of the later revisions. i don't know when it was officially released, but i doubt it came from the factory on a 2011. When i bought my replacement pump in March 2014 the latest revision was AT.
If you already have an intake, might as well just go big turbo while you're in the engine bay. Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erball View Post
It's only then when I realize, in a moment of clarity, I should have bought Honda.
kern417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 07:52 PM   #45
zrickety
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 10 GTI CSG DSG K04 4DR 142k+
I see the plastic chunk now that I'm at the computer. I wonder if the bolts were over tightened. Tell me you guys are using a torque wrench...
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTI_likeurmom View Post
Well i did use a breaker bar to snug up that nut instead of a torque wrench.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
my subframe has been out twice without replacing any bolts and I don't have subframe clunks and my world hasn't ended and my car hasn't blown up.
zrickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 11:14 PM   #46
VgRt6
Oval Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
BA is one of the later revisions. i don't know when it was officially released, but i doubt it came from the factory on a 2011. When i bought my replacement pump in March 2014 the latest revision was AT.
My 2012 came with the BA version pump. Manufactured in Sept 2011. CCTA engine. It's still in the car at 75k miles.
VgRt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2016, 05:08 PM   #47
kern417
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: '09 Jetta
well now that's really confusing.
If you already have an intake, might as well just go big turbo while you're in the engine bay. Just my 2 cents.
Quote:
Originally Posted by erball View Post
It's only then when I realize, in a moment of clarity, I should have bought Honda.
kern417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 08:37 PM   #48
VgRt6
Oval Champion

Drives: 2012 GTI
The confusion is probably due to the BA pump being for the CCTA and the AT pump being for the CBFA engine. The revisions are alphabetical for the pumps for the same engine, but not necessarily for both engines. The latest pump for the CBFA is revision BG. The CCTA pump is up to revision DD, and CQ came before that.
VgRt6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:40 PM   #49
ferrariF60
Oval Champion

Drives: 2010 TR 2DR GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by VgRt6 View Post
The confusion is probably due to the BA pump being for the CCTA and the AT pump being for the CBFA engine. The revisions are alphabetical for the pumps for the same engine, but not necessarily for both engines. The latest pump for the CBFA is revision BG. The CCTA pump is up to revision DD, and CQ came before that.

so can a CBFA revision BG pump be installed in a CCTA engine?? what is the actual difference between a CBFA and a CCTA waterpump???

is there a BIG difference between them that it won't work in a CCTA engine?? OR maybe will work, does anybody know this??
ferrariF60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2017, 11:18 AM   #50
Clutch
Drag Race Newbie

Drives: Black 2010 GTI 6mt
Another whole hearted "thank you" here.

Had to remove the radiator fan, and i had the extra noise pipe to disconnect, but otherwise spot on.

APR Stg 2 | Carbonio Stg 1 | SPM Street DP | Stern Mid Brace | SuperPro LCA Rear Bracket | SB Stg 2 Endurance (4 spring) | StopTech SP pads | TyrolSport Caliper Stiffening Kit | Dust Shield delete | R8 Coilpacks | Super Sports on Denvers
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 11:39 PM   #51
Sachz71
Ready to race!

Drives: Mk6 GTI APR STAGE 1
great !
Sachz71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 03:18 PM   #52
Joveen
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 GTI
Pics need to be updated smh