GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Volkswagen GTI / Golf Topics > Mk6 vs......

Old 08-14-2017, 12:54 PM   #533
SELA_MK6GTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffs2013GTI View Post
Problem with Stage II is the change of the DP. In states like California where you get your cars smogged all the time its an instant fail. So you have to take it off then back on, on, off, on off, its a PITA.

Dollar vs Dollar the Stage I tune is the best bang for the buck. Sure a Stage II will or should "beat" a stage I car in theory but that isn't always the case is it?

On track, SCCA Solo II I was running a 360whp Evo 9 MR and would get spanked by stock Miata's so much of it comes to drivers skill vs Power alone. So many variables here. A guy running Stage I with good tires and a good suspension set up may beat a stage II car with AS tires and a stock suspension set up. I have seen it all at the track haha.

Just my thoughts...

Jeff

You're absolutely right, good sticky tires are a MUST with these cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SELA_MK6GTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:00 PM   #534
SELA_MK6GTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives:
I beat my Boss's 5.0 on Sunday, he disrespected my golf so I just had to show him the view of my LED tails real quick

Old 08-14-2017, 02:48 PM   #535
GreyGti1990
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2011 Gti 4-door
Quote:
Originally Posted by SELA_MK6GTI View Post
I beat my Boss's 5.0 on Sunday, he disrespected my golf so I just had to show him the view of my LED tails real quick

Mods? K04?
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+, R8 Coils, SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Front Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails.
Soon to Come: Updated Tensioner, Tints.
GreyGti1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:20 PM   #536
SELA_MK6GTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyGti1990 View Post
Mods? K04?

No not K04 :/ I'm just stage 2 with bolt ons. Just fmic, the intake and catless dp. I'm running Eurodyne's stage 2 OTS 93 Oct file. I have some pretty decent sticky tires that don't really spin much, they put the power down really well. I believe that the most important mod is Tires, I'm planning on doing an LSD before going K04

Old 08-14-2017, 05:28 PM   #537
GreyGti1990

Kind of hard to believe that a stage 2 gti beat a newer 5.0 mustang. I'm guessing it was a dig race and the 5.0 just sat there and spun tire cause that 5.0 from a roll would probably put a bus length on ya without much of a hiccup
2011 4-door CSG 6-speed GTi - Sigma Six, Boost gauge, AWE TOP/CTS Throttle, APR Carbonio, Revo 2, GFB DV+, R8 Coils, SB st3 Daily(485ft lbs), VWR FSB, DG Springs, WALK, Front Collar Kit, Fluidampr, APR downpipe, 225/45/17 PSS, Sparco Assetto Gara, Stoptech slotted rotors/pads, Uni Intercooler, BFI Knob, USP SS lines, ATE fluid, Beluga Cat-back, LED Tails.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:52 PM   #538
SELA_MK6GTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives:
Quote:
Kind of hard to believe that a stage 2 gti beat a newer 5.0 mustang. I'm guessing it was a dig race and the 5.0 just sat there and spun tire cause that 5.0 from a roll would probably put a bus length on ya without much of a hiccup

It was a very low roll, he didn't spin either but from a dig I've beat them too. They'll take off on me and then once I hook I reel them in and pass them up. I'm guessing it's just the drivers that ive came across don't drive too well. I took off on the mustang Gen before the latest one on the freeway as well it was a hertz 5.0 but obviously in the higher top end they reel you in, he passed me up and pulled by a couple of cars not bus lengths tho. These little golfs will surprise you.

Old 08-14-2017, 07:46 PM   #539
Allchokedup
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2011 gti stage 1
I raced another gti today, rolling 40 he let me take off. I had already noticed his fmic and exhaust. I knew he would spank me and while he never passed me he had to get in my lane due to traffic. He could have easily ran his car up my ass. I looked in my rearview and couldnt even see the front of his car. After race he flew past me i gave him a thumbs up.
Allchokedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 07:33 AM   #540
GreyGti1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by SELA_MK6GTI View Post
It was a very low roll, he didn't spin either but from a dig I've beat them too. They'll take off on me and then once I hook I reel them in and pass them up. I'm guessing it's just the drivers that ive came across don't drive too well. I took off on the mustang Gen before the latest one on the freeway as well it was a hertz 5.0 but obviously in the higher top end they reel you in, he passed me up and pulled by a couple of cars not bus lengths tho. These little golfs will surprise you.

I never bothered to run a 5.0 at low speeds, still figured I'd get passed easily. I've got some damn nice tires as well as various other suspension mods and mounts and I still easily spin 1st gear and some of 2nd if I'm not careful. I'm also stage 2, fully bolted.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:23 PM   #541
SELA_MK6GTI
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives:
Quote:
I never bothered to run a 5.0 at low speeds, still figured I'd get passed easily. I've got some damn nice tires as well as various other suspension mods and mounts and I still easily spin 1st gear and some of 2nd if I'm not careful. I'm also stage 2, fully bolted.

Try it out sometime, you'll be surprised how much you can hang with the v8s. Just yea modulate the throttle and don't get too happy slamming it lol

Old 08-25-2017, 03:55 PM   #542
GreyGti1990

Anyone run any 9th gen v6, coupe, 6-speed accords lately? My buddy is looking to pick 1 up and I wanna know how close a roll would be vs a full bolt mk6 gti. It should be a close run.
Old 08-25-2017, 04:49 PM   #543
MK6BRO
Autocross Newbie

Drives: gti
Quote:
Anyone run any 9th gen v6, coupe, 6-speed accords lately? My buddy is looking to pick 1 up and I wanna know how close a roll would be vs a full bolt mk6 gti. It should be a close run.
I think anything up to 60ish you'll slowly pull on him due to torque but anything above that is a drivers race. Those accords are pretty quick
MK6BRO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:54 PM   #544
GreyGti1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK6BRO View Post
I think anything up to 60ish you'll slowly pull on him due to torque but anything above that is a drivers race. Those accords are pretty quick

Sooo what your saying is to start at 20/30 and stop at 100 lol. Sounds good to me
Old 08-28-2017, 10:35 AM   #545
Stormtrooper69
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: '12 CW- Uni k04
Beat my buddies 2016 stage two S3 w/catless dp and DME tune...only got him by a car but pretty stoked about it!!
Stormtrooper69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2017, 02:50 PM   #546
likkleindian
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: MK VI GTI
Quote:
Sooo what your saying is to start at 20/30 and stop at 100 lol. Sounds good to me
This is our sweet spot, I pretty much won't run anyone outside of it.
likkleindian is offline   Reply With Quote