GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 08-25-2017, 02:43 PM   #2871
Chatchie
Autocross Champion

Drives: 2010 CC 2.0 LUX
Ive been told before that it must be a hardware issue with my intake and I figured it was a fluke with my car. Seeing other people finally having the same issues makes me feel better about them actually giving a shit.

I'm gonna make some videos and contact the via support.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Old 08-25-2017, 03:05 PM   #2872
sterkrazzy
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: mk6 gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012TP View Post
What a concept. But no, the same cast of characters rather complain for months in this thread rather than using the provided support channels. Hilarious really.
I've never had APR get back to me using their support. I sent in an email, no response. Later on I tried their support system on their website, no response. I know I'm not the only one that never got a response. More annoying than hilarious really.
Mk6 CSG GTI 6sp | Stratified Tuned | Sachs SRE Stage 2 Clutch | DG SS | Raceseng Ashiko Heavy Shift Knob | Integrated Engineering CAI | CTS Turboback | GFB DV+ | Neuspeed RSe52's + Intercooler | Michelin PSS | 034 RSB + Upper Strut Mounts + Street Density Motor Mounts + Locking Collars | Eibach Pro-Street-S Coils | Energy Suspension Dogbone Insert | Fluidampr Pulley | Tyrolsport Stage 2 Hatch Brace | Stoptech Slotted Rotors
sterkrazzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 10:47 AM   #2873
Noodle
Rally Car Champion

Drives: 2013 Gti Wolfsburg, 6-Speed, White
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterkrazzy View Post
I've never had APR get back to me using their support. I sent in an email, no response. Later on I tried their support system on their website, no response. I know I'm not the only one that never got a response. More annoying than hilarious really.
I randomly stopped getting replies so I pmed Arin and he helped me out, I guess their support system gets emails messed up

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I got the Golden Noodle
Noodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:58 AM   #2874
DSGVW
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: 2012 CSG GTI DSG
Ok, I have an update for all those experiencing the nasty DSG shifts with APR 2.4 especially in manual mode as I have been fighting with this for > 1 year now and was about to switch tuners.

Update:
On a whim, I decided since I just hit 70k I would go for some fresh sparks, new R8 coilpacks and a new PCV as well just for good measure. One of those fixed my nasty DSG shifts, smooth as butter now in D and near perfect in M even at full boost (where it was terrible prior). My theory is my PCV was failing or the diaphragm was busted just enough to not throw any codes. But now, car runs incredibly smooth, power is back to 100% (though it was probably 95%), shifts are crisp and smooth up and down and it's quiet as ever.

Cliff notes:
-Rough DSG shifts with APR 2.4 (I'm stage I)
-updated coilpacks and R8 coils to new ones at 70k
-updated PCV valve (super easy install)
-power back, smoothness in the engine and DSG shifts makes me happy with car again
-Thanks HSTUNING
-MPGs are up as well

Just an option to try if any of you are experiencing nasty DSG shifts and not throwing codes or anything else.
DSGVW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:37 PM   #2875
DASVDUB
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: Basic GTI, loud exhaust
How much was the PCV valve? Worth it to replace the stock one or just get a catch can with an African plate (or something to that extent)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2dr 2011 Candy White GTI|APR Stage 2|Godspeed catless dp|Borla catback|Carbonio Stage 1 & 2|Forge Diverter Valve|H&R Super Sports|Koni Orange Struts & Shocks|R8 Coils|NGK BKR7EIX Plugs|Soundaktor delete|20% tint|Mud Flaps|Tiguan H&R lift springs (winter)
DASVDUB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 10:01 PM   #2876
DSGVW
Formula 3000 Champion

Was like 120 or 130 if I recall correctly. After 70k it was piece of mind to replace it as the MKVs all had PCV issues as well. Was just a bonus prize that it fixed my software problems. Makes sense though if boost was escaping. At full boost my shifts were total bullshit.
Old 10-11-2017, 09:39 AM   #2877
GTIguy30
Go Kart Newbie

Drives: 2011 CW 4Dr GTI - APR Stg I
I was having just some odd issues, also Stage I, I pulled the manifold to do a carbon cleaning and replaced the PCV Valve as well. When I put it all back together the car drove great again.
GTIguy30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2017, 01:26 PM   #2878
MK6NGT
Touring Car Champion

Drives: MK6 GTI
I was just told by a local APR dealer there is an update for the stage 1 tune, stage 1+ that takes into account the intake. A few more HP. Got it done yesterday, I feel the difference up top, power doesn't flat line above 5500 anymore, gains a little more than it did before.
Old 10-12-2017, 12:05 AM   #2879
ACHILLES R32
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: 2013 GTI Drivers Ed
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK6NGT View Post
I was just told by a local APR dealer there is an update for the stage 1 tune, stage 1+ that takes into account the intake. A few more HP. Got it done yesterday, I feel the difference up top, power doesn't flat line above 5500 anymore, gains a little more than it did before.
Are you talking about version 2.4 or is there a updated to 2.4?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
APR Stage 1 - Neuspeed P-Flo Intake - OEM R Tails - Euro Lip - Suntek Carbon 55 Tint - XPEL Headlight/Fog Kit - Hoen Fog Bulbs - Neuspeed Catback - Neuspeed Charge Pipe - Neusped Discharge Pipe - Neuspeed FMIC - GFB DV+ - R8 Coil Packs - VW DG Springs/ Koni Yellows - Unibrace UB
ACHILLES R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 08:23 AM   #2880
MK6NGT
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACHILLES R32 View Post
Are you talking about version 2.4 or is there a updated to 2.4?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I don't recall the version. I was already on 2.4 and needed to reflash for another reason and the rep told me there was an update to 2.4 where it adds a little power for having the intake.

Even APR's site now has the partition for the tune w/intake instead of not. The drop downs are different.
Old 10-12-2017, 10:50 AM   #2881
DSGVW
Formula 3000 Champion

He is just referring to the 2.4 Stage I+ tune vs. the 2.4 Stage I tune (no intake). There have been no further updates to 2.4.
Old 10-12-2017, 11:54 AM   #2882
Mr_Dog
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2012 GLI
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSGVW View Post
Ok, I have an update for all those experiencing the nasty DSG shifts with APR 2.4 especially in manual mode as I have been fighting with this for > 1 year now and was about to switch tuners.

Update:
On a whim, I decided since I just hit 70k I would go for some fresh sparks, new R8 coilpacks and a new PCV as well just for good measure. One of those fixed my nasty DSG shifts, smooth as butter now in D and near perfect in M even at full boost (where it was terrible prior). My theory is my PCV was failing or the diaphragm was busted just enough to not throw any codes. But now, car runs incredibly smooth, power is back to 100% (though it was probably 95%), shifts are crisp and smooth up and down and it's quiet as ever.

Cliff notes:
-Rough DSG shifts with APR 2.4 (I'm stage I)
-updated coilpacks and R8 coils to new ones at 70k
-updated PCV valve (super easy install)
-power back, smoothness in the engine and DSG shifts makes me happy with car again
-Thanks HSTUNING
-MPGs are up as well

Just an option to try if any of you are experiencing nasty DSG shifts and not throwing codes or anything else.
Did you use an OEM PCV valve?
Mr_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2017, 01:51 PM   #2883
MK6NGT
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSGVW View Post
He is just referring to the 2.4 Stage I+ tune vs. the 2.4 Stage I tune (no intake). There have been no further updates to 2.4.

Exacry!
Old 10-12-2017, 03:17 PM   #2884
DSGVW
Formula 3000 Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Dog View Post
Did you use an OEM PCV valve?
Yes, yes I did.