GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WISHING EVERYONE IN THE PATH OF HURRICANE IRMA THE VERY BEST LUCK AND GOD BLESS !

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Thanks guys. I'm by Daytona Beach, nothing yet. Should be here tomorrow morning.
Me tooo. :]
No real damage.. all my banana trees were at like 90 degrees though so had to cut them down.

I'm an idiot and had my window rolled down a couple inches during the hurricane lol

Luckily the side that was open was up against my dad's big truck and it was the other side of the car that took a beating from all the wind, so it's just a little damp. The window switch and door locks still work, so just need to do some drying.

I can't believe how much water was inside the hatch. I popped it open and a shit ton of water drained right into the cabin. It must have been forced in there from all that wind. I was expecting my taillights to be fried, but no problem there.

She's just dirty as hell from all that wind, there's shit shoved into every crevice

I feel bad for anybody trying to get home today. We left from Daytona to get to Brandon and we couldn't find any gas until we got to Brandon. Before we got to Brandon gas stations didn't have power. FPL cant estimate when power will back and are saying days to weeks. It's gonna be such a mess for people trying to rush back. We've got enough gas to make it home, but I think it's gonna be hell for everyone that has to travel farther than we did.

I think we're gonna spend the night in Tampa before we go back home to fort myers. We'll spend the night in some AC before we go home to no power fort Myers.

My neighbors left their SUV window down the entire time... and they evacuated so they were pretty screwed on that one.

We lost power at 11:56pm Sunday had it back on at 5:50pm Monday. Im lucky to live on a main feed line that feeds quite a bit of neighborhoods.

This storm could have been a lot worse for us up here but it luckily(for us) moved more western and weakened a lot before it hit Daytona Beach.

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Me tooo. :]
No real damage.. all my banana trees were at like 90 degrees though so had to cut them down.

My neighbors left their SUV window down the entire time... and they evacuated so they were pretty screwed on that one.

We lost power at 11:56pm Sunday had it back on at 5:50pm Monday. Im lucky to live on a main feed line that feeds quite a bit of neighborhoods.

This storm could have been a lot worse for us up here but it luckily(for us) moved more western and weakened a lot before it hit Daytona Beach.

I'm technically by new Smyrna beach/Edgewater border but no one knows those towns, so I say Daytona lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I'm technically by new Smyrna beach/Edgewater border but no one knows those towns, so I say Daytona lol.

I knew where you were when i saw NSB but i get the struggle. lol Most people can easily associate Daytona Beach.. lol NSB/EW is asking a little more than someone else from central Florida.

That being said i think the hardest town for our area for anyone besides local to know is gonna be Bithlo

CMGTI

Ready to race!
I knew where you were when i saw NSB but i get the struggle. lol Most people can easily associate Daytona Beach.. lol NSB/EW is asking a little more than someone else from central Florida.

That being said i think the hardest town for our area for anyone besides local to know is gonna be Bithlo

Coworker has a MK7 but besides that, not many people I know have GTI's around here. Mostly Brodozers and minivans.

flakomk6

Ready to race!
Well I still have no power since Friday....... half of Miami Beach with all the nice hotel have light but I don’t lol

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
That sucks man. I got power back within about 16 hours of it going out. My Neighbors still dont have power though. They are on a different grid than me, im the only house hooked up to a main line that runs next to the neighborhood they are all off a subline from further away.

flakomk6

Ready to race!
Well i hate you just like your neighbors do Lmaoo [emoji23][emoji23], a co worker of mine who lives a block away has power . So I assume he is on a different grid as well

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Well i hate you just like your neighbors do Lmaoo [emoji23][emoji23], a co worker of mine who lives a block away has power . So I assume he is on a different grid as well

haha yeah its crazy i can drive down one street and like 3 lights will be lit up then the next 2 are out then the next 2 on.. etc. Doesnt make sense because all the lines are connected between them and dont look damaged

flakomk6

Ready to race!
haha yeah its crazy i can drive down one street and like 3 lights will be lit up then the next 2 are out then the next 2 on.. etc. Doesnt make sense because all the lines are connected between them and dont look damaged

Lol I just got the power back today at 4am , and I have a feeling my front neighbors don’t have power because no lights were on

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Im still sitting here with no power. We've got the generator hooked up to both fridges and a bunch of fans. If it gets too hot we can jump in the pool. It could be a lot worse. I think I might try to hook up my tv and PS4 to the generator to watch a movie, maybe play a game.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Just got our power back a few minutes ago. Things can start going back to normal now...

Seriously can't believe how lucky we got with this storm. With the surge they were predicting before it hit were were expecting to lose our house to it. Instead we got home, cleaned up some trees, then pretty much jumped into our pool. We didn't even lose a single screen on our patio.

This was over in daytona, someones boat that was tied to the dock right next to where we were staying.

Also in daytona, can see the dock is all fucked up and one of the boats came off its lift.

It knocked over this little tree in our front yard.

And this much bigger tree was pushed away from the house luckily.

I have no idea how this pot wasn't pushed into the canal, and I know it wasn't sitting there when we left.

Lost another tree in the backyard.

This is our nieghbors tree. I'm pretty sure it split right down the middle. I don't think that's 2 trees. It looks like the top of it must have fell on the fence below too.

Last edited:

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
i thought those first places looked like my town lol.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Now if only they would start picking up yard and tree trimmings.