GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > Cosmetic Mods (interior & exterior modifications)

Old 08-30-2017, 05:45 PM   #15
FocalPoint
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: MKV GTI/MKVI GTI
Well you're lucky, since I definitely have this crazing and hazing effect in some spots.
Old 08-30-2017, 09:54 PM   #16
HetfieldInc
Touring Car Champion

Drives: Black 2013 Drivers Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilonespaz View Post
no. we arent. My car sits outside daily in the sun for the past 3+ years and i have no hazzing or yellowing of my headlights/fogs.
Yea you're lucky, when I moved here to Florida my truck headlights started hazing, clouding, and peeling within a year. The sun down here is no joke.

What about something like http://a.co/4xYEOBY

or: http://a.co/3u9RmrG

Ive been trying to protect my GTI fogs and headlights from doing this down here too.
Old 08-31-2017, 09:03 AM   #17
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Drives: 2011 Candy White 3-Door GTi DSG
Here are pics. In this headlight pic the top right is a glare from that special Florida Sun.

and fog which is similarly scratched up(to yours) and a little dirty due to rain/wet roads but not bad.

Car is parked outside in the sun all day at work from 8am-5pm and sits outside in the driveway with partial/direct sunlight the rest of the time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laimface View Post
hahaha why am I your signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by damagi123 View Post
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
lilonespaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:04 AM   #18
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

Its a 2011 and ive owned it since 2013. so its had almost direct Florida sunlight for at least 4 years since i owned it.
Quote:
Quote:
just like god intended. he didnt kill off the dinosaurs for their sweet sweet bone juice to have it go getting wasted by eco-obsessed torque thieves.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:23 PM   #19
HetfieldInc
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
Its a 2011 and ive owned it since 2013. so its had almost direct Florida sunlight for at least 4 years since i owned it.
Want to trade fog light housings? Lol
Old 09-01-2017, 09:25 PM   #20
HetfieldInc
Touring Car Champion

Quote:
i mean your new housings are just gonna get chipped up too, its a side effect of your environment/road conditions. Is it even noticeable from 5 feet away if you arent focusing on looking at the chips?

I wouldnt put laminx on it there are people and threads on here where laminx has caused cracking of the entire housing due to excess heat buildup, granted those were on the headlights iirc.
It is noticeable at night with the fogs on. Itís like there are a bunch of little bright yellow specs on my fog lights. Guess Iíll order some new housings when it gets bad enough... is there any way to replace the housings without pulling the bumper off?
Old 09-05-2017, 08:58 AM   #21
lilonespaz
Formula 2 Driver

im not sure about pulling the bumper or not. You may be able to remove the wheel liner and wheel and get it all from behind. Ive never changed them before.

I went with a white looking bulb instead of the yellow so maybe its more noticeable with yellow light over white.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 09-19-2017, 04:25 PM   #22
HetfieldInc
Touring Car Champion

It’s normal for the housing to be warm to the touch after theyve been on for a while right? My drive home is about 15 minutes and they’re warm to the back of my hand when I get home but not to the point I have to move my hand off.

I’m hoping heat isn’t my issue if I’m going to replace the housings