GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Eurodyne Stage 2 - 91 vs. 93 oct

damonrlloyd

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm running the Eurodyne stage 2 OTS file, which is tuned for 91 octane.

I live in an area where 93 octane is readily available.

Does anyone know if, like a stock file, the tuned ECU will recognize and adapt to the higher octane?

If not, what parameters would need to be adjusted via Maestro to get the best results with 93oct?

Engine Mods:
APR Stage I intake
ARM catted downpipe (CBFA)
ARM Turbo Outlet Pipe
ARM Throttle Body Pipe
GFB DV+
R8 Coils

Last edited:

brobst

Go Kart Champion
So the car will run fine. I had the same ED ots tune stg2 using 93 gas. Unless you want to go the custom tune for 93 route, just let it be. Car will not have any issues with 93 on 91. And you don't have to worry about fuel while traveling the country. Plus maestro upgrade is expensive 3 credits if you don't have already.
Main parameter changed is engine timing.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

damonrlloyd

Passed Driver's Ed
I am looking to go the custom tune route. If i can squeeze a few more HP/TQ out of 93oct, I would definitely like to. I can always flash back to stage 1, or 2 OTS if I'm going road-tripping (Id most likely be driving the wife's A3 8v for road trips anyway).

3 credits is kinda of steep. I might consider finding a local tuner to create a file.

Thanks for the input!

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I am looking to go the custom tune route. If i can squeeze a few more HP/TQ out of 93oct, I would definitely like to. I can always flash back to stage 1, or 2 OTS if I'm going road-tripping (Id most likely be driving the wife's A3 8v for road trips anyway).

3 credits is kinda of steep. I might consider finding a local tuner to create a file.

Thanks for the input!
you would still pay the 3 credits to use the local tuners map no? If you dont have maestro you cant get custom tuning iinm.

damonrlloyd

Passed Driver's Ed
The tuner would have already purchased the Maestro suite. He would just create a file, export, and email/usb it to me. He'd likely charge for it though, which is fine. But once you have the suite, you can create as many files as you want. Once you have the PowerTap (i do) i can flash any file. Not just OTS. I just can't create custom files.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
The tuner would have already purchased the Maestro suite. He would just create a file, export, and email/usb it to me. He'd likely charge for it though, which is fine. But once you have the suite, you can create as many files as you want. Once you have the PowerTap (i do) i can flash any file. Not just OTS. I just can't create custom files.
ahh i was under the impression the maestro software was linked to the car as well and files were only built for that car(as in could not be used on another car) Most tune shops use your Maestro iirc to tune your map. I didnt think you could go to any person with maestro and have them make a file for you and email it to you... i thought the software was linked to the vehicle/cable.

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Im pretty sure without maestro access you cannot flash local files from your computer. Only the files located on the ED server which are the ots ones.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk