GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 09-18-2017, 12:06 PM   #15
FriggenT
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: 2013 Wolfsburg gti DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseynoob View Post
United Motorsport out of CT?

Was this a costume tune, or off the shelf?

What does this tune do to emissions readiness?

I've got the HPA turbo/tune...it's ok, but I'd like more. I'm looking tune jump, but not so sure what tunes will work with this turbo.

The HPA tune keeps all my readiness on, except they typical one regarding the cat which people use the spacer to correct.
Mine turns readiness on, no issues
FriggenT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:36 AM   #16
zef
Oval Champion

Drives: 2013 GTI
Quote:
United Motorsport out of CT?

Was this a costume tune, or off the shelf?

What does this tune do to emissions readiness?

I've got the HPA turbo/tune...it's ok, but I'd like more. I'm looking tune jump, but not so sure what tunes will work with this turbo.

The HPA tune keeps all my readiness on, except they typical one regarding the cat which people use the spacer to correct.
I would talk with HPA first. Run some logs and send them to them they could more than likely send you a revised tune with more power. Adding supporting mods also helps too, and also making sure you don't have any leaks or other issues that might rob power.
'13 GTI CW 2 DR (DSG) - Eurodyne Stage 2/HPA DSG Tune | Cobb TBE | IE CAI | IE FDS IC | 034 CC | VWR Subframe Pucks | 034 SD Mounts | MSS SPRING KIT (learn more here) | 034 Pendulum Mount | Supaloy Control Arms | B6 Passat Front Spindles | Koni Yellows | RSE10 | more to come! Follow me on Instagram!: jg_gti
zef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 11:06 AM   #17
Jerseynoob
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2010 Jetta Wolfsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by zef View Post
Adding supporting mods also helps too, and also making sure you don't have any leaks or other issues that might rob power.
Been there, done it all.

But you bring up a good point about a revised tune.
Jerseynoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 09:49 PM   #18
Chris659
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 12 Beetle Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by zef View Post
I would talk with HPA first. Run some logs and send them to them they could more than likely send you a revised tune with more power. Adding supporting mods also helps too, and also making sure you don't have any leaks or other issues that might rob power.
Quote:
Been there, done it all.

But you bring up a good point about a revised tune.

I'm right there with you on them not being able to do much with the tune. Atleast they were upfront with me about it, so I'm not disappointed in any way. Their tunes aren't as aggressive as other companies.

Really only thing that almost made me not go with their tune, is that they won't remap for w/m yet they drill their manifolds for dp. Their concern is not having proper mixture or running out and it damaging something. Again, they're more conservative in a lot of ways, but it's probably for my own good so mine will be mainly for cooling.

I've added a do88 IC, different intake, and by end of this week, grams tb so I'm going to see if they will revise the tune and see how it runs from there. Im a lil more limited with tuning companies than you guys bc of my box code/car
Chris659 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:35 AM   #19
Jerseynoob
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2010 Jetta Wolfsburg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris659 View Post
I'm right there with you on them not being able to do much with the tune. Atleast they were upfront with me about it, so I'm not disappointed in any way. Their tunes aren't as aggressive as other companies.

Really only thing that almost made me not go with their tune, is that they won't remap for w/m yet they drill their manifolds for dp. Their concern is not having proper mixture or running out and it damaging something. Again, they're more conservative in a lot of ways, but it's probably for my own good so mine will be mainly for cooling.

I've added a do88 IC, different intake, and by end of this week, grams tb so I'm going to see if they will revise the tune and see how it runs from there. Im a lil more limited with tuning companies than you guys bc of my box code/car
I was fired up about getting their manifold and a retune for it.....but not so hip about the lack of a gasket, plus the only place near me that will work with HPA is a joke.........ugh.
Jerseynoob is offline   Reply With Quote